The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Inbetweeners 2. Not as good as the first but still some really funny moments

Thinking about how much I laughed watching the sequel its very very hard not to rate it highly, I have certainly seen many comedies that I have laughed less at which are rated far higher by most critics.
Just back from it myself and it was a LOT funnier than I thought it would be.

Yeah its not as good as the first one and not a patch on the series, but its still very good.

Maybe it helped that I had lowers my expectations significantly going into it as I hadn't heard great things. But i laughed a lot.

Certainly not a bad film and absolutely worth seeing.

Adding my voice to those saying it was funny. Sorry, but it just was. Laughed my tits off. 

I'm sure it'll please you all to know that Marvel (Iron Man, Cap, Thor, Guardians), Sony (Spider-Man), Fox (X-Men, Fantastic Four) and Warner Bros (Batman, Superman) have announced 30 dates between them by 2019. Then there's the 5 or so shows they'll have. This obviously doesn't include or comic addaptions such as Sin City, 300 Men In Black, Kick-Ass, Hellboy, etc.

This is why I hate going to the cinema. Why don't they try, just for once, making some movies for people who grew out of reading comic books?

This is a really good film in my opinion, very interesting, It gets better and better as it goes on and the story has a few twists and turns.

6986_poster_iphone.jpg

What is it good for?

I missed the superhero film discussion :(

I love: Iron Man 1,2 & 3, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, Spiderman 1&2 ('normal' and 'Amazing'!), X-Men First Class, The Avengers and The Dark Knight Rises.

Iron Man 1 is my favourite superhero film. The soundtrack is awesome and RDJ is a great Tony Stark (sorry Stevo).

DC are way behind Marvel, but Watchmen gets a mention, just because of the Rawshank (sp?) jail scene.

I loved Iron Man but the sequels were shite. X-Men Origins: Wolverine is a superhero film you love? Has it been a while since you've seen it? I think your memory might be affected :P Watch it again and notice the dreadful CGI and the fact that Gambit was in it for two minutes while they absolutely destroy everything great about Deadpool and turn him into... I don't even know, something utterly shite.

Watchmen was great, and it's Rorschach, as in the Rorschach inkblot tests psychologists use, which is what his mask looks like. I bloody love that mask.

• Like 2

I'm sure it'll please you all to know that Marvel (Iron Man, Cap, Thor, Guardians), Sony (Spider-Man), Fox (X-Men, Fantastic Four) and Warner Bros (Batman, Superman) have announced 30 dates between them by 2019. Then there's the 5 or so shows they'll have. This obviously doesn't include or comic addaptions such as Sin City, 300 Men In Black, Kick-Ass, Hellboy, etc.

This is why I hate going to the cinema. Why don't they try, just for once, making some movies for people who grew out of reading comic books?

As if the "comic books are for kids" joke hadn't got old already.

Maybe pretentious bores should go and support their movies better rather than sitting at home playing keyboard warrior. :thumb:

Edited by kurtsimonw

I loved Iron Man but the sequels were shite. X-Men Origins: Wolverine is a superhero film you love? Has it been a while since you've seen it? I think your memory might be affected :P Watch it again and notice the dreadful CGI and the fact that Gambit was in it for two minutes while they absolutely destroy everything great about Deadpool and turn him into... I don't even know, something utterly shite.

Watchmen was great, and it's Rorschach, as in the Rorschach inkblot tests psychologists use, which is what his mask looks like. I bloody love that mask.

Honestly, I just really like the Wolverine film. Gambit could have been in it for longer (what happened to them doing an origins film for him?) and Deadpool was.. Okay. But I just really enjoyed it. It might have been because I used to have the Wolverine Origins comic which I really liked too. And yeah I knew it was the psych tests, just didn't know how to spell it :D

I really like the darker, adult comic book films like Blade, dark knight, hell boy, watchmen, etc. I even loved xmen first class.

The recent fluffy marvel ones like avengers, iron man, captain america are all awful imo. Problem I have is they are all practically the same but with different characters. Same annoying explosions, and super fast paced action where you have no idea what the heck is going on. Then you have the melts who think the avengers is the greatest film ever made rating it a 10 out 10 ffs, ruining sites like imdb that has avengers in the top 100 films ever made!!

Stevo is right by the way. RDJ version of iron man is the most annoying chracter in cinema history. I find RDJ annoying even not as iron man. Most smug man in hollywood.

absolutely loved Adaptation but hated Being John Malkovic

You've got these the wrong way round. ;)   Charlie Kaufman disappeared up his own arse with Adaptation.

Honestly, I just really like the Wolverine film. Gambit could have been in it for longer (what happened to them doing an origins film for him?) and Deadpool was.. Okay. But I just really enjoyed it. It might have been because I used to have the Wolverine Origins comic which I really liked too. And yeah I knew it was the psych tests, just didn't know how to spell it :D

I don't understand why the movies refuse to touch Gambit, but when this one finally did, they completely wasted the opportunity.

Also, don't lie :P Deadpool was not okay at all, he was garbage. They completely wasted another cameo and turned him into something that barely resembled Deadpool at all! For a start, the 'Merc with a mouth' got his bloody mouth sewn up! And what was with all those powers? And the katana coming out of his hands? They were longer than his forearm, so they would be sticking out of his elbows when they retracted, but they didn't! Deadpool was NOT OKAY AT ALL!

I have one standalone graphic novel of Wolverine's origin, and I'm glad they went with the whole James Howlett, sickly child growing up with Sabretooth angle, but they completely failed on its execution.

And what the hell were they doing casting Will.i.am in any kind of role?

Just read David Benioff of Game of Thrones fame co-wrote the screenplay. He clearly learned how not to write for the screen with this movie and improved dramatically after.

Have you seen GotG yet donnie?

Yeah. I really liked it until the last 40 minutes when it turned into another avengers/captain america/iron man with the pointless explosions, and silly super fast action scenes where you have no idea whats happening. Defo the best of all the recent marvel efforts though imo.

• Like 1

Then you have the melts who think the avengers is the greatest film ever made rating it a 10 out 10 ffs, ruining sites like imdb that has avengers in the top 100 films ever made!!

and let me guess, the Indonesian plagiarism of Dredd, which is full of martial arts and silly amounts of guns (yet the martial arts still wins...) is in the top 100?

Then you have the melts who think the avengers is the greatest film ever made rating it a 10 out 10 ffs, ruining sites like imdb that has avengers in the top 100 films ever made!!

and let me guess, the Indonesian plagiarism of Dredd, which is full of martial arts and silly amounts of guns (yet the martial arts still wins...) is in the top 100?

Not sure if serious.

Not sure if serious.

Well, the Dredd movie was written first but the Raid was released before it.

The general consensus (which I agree with) is that the similarities are mostly coincidental.

Have to say that even as a HUGE 2000AD fan, I think the Raid is the better movie (and I loved Dredd).

they are what they are, if you categorise them the same way that you do the likes of the new transformers, the new hercules, the new turtles film, the expendables etc then marvel is way ahead of what they are doing in terms of quality

if you are comparing the avengers to the godfather, shawshank and the other usual suspects then they do of course fall short, i think there a worrying number of people comparing guardians of the galaxy to star wars, its nowhere near that good

i blame the dark knight and nolans (successful IMO) attempt to cross the boundary

but marvel are very good at what they do

• Like 1

Not sure if serious.

The plagiarism part was tongue in cheek, but otherwise it's just an action fest, much like Dredd. Neither are particularly fantastic films.

Sin City not far away, another one for us kids.

Edited by kurtsimonw

Â