The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

I just finished watching Iron Man 2, now i know this is a thread about recommending films, but i'm going to recommend that NO ONE watches it. Absolute shite. Terrible Terrible film, almost as bad as Grown Ups and The Expendables.

Gunna watch Four Lions now, cheers for the tip!

Anyways some slag keeps telling me to watch Across The Universe. Not sure if I can be bothered with romance or the Beatles, but it does have Evan Rachel Wood...

my mate who hates the Beatles almost as much as bicks watched this the other night and said he really enjoyed it .. i can give it no better endorsement than that ...

just watched The pursuit of Happyness .. probably an 8/10 film but for having Homer Simpson in it I'll up it to a 9

Not sure if I want to recommend it, however I watched this

Mysterious_skin.jpg

And well...it's certainly a very good film. Joseph Gordon-Lewitt's performance is worth it alone. But it will disturb you and leave you a bit shaken after...it's also depressing as ****. It is very good though, but you wont want to be rushing off to watch it again any time soon!

Just finished watching "El rey de la montaña" (King Of The Hill) on Film4, Spanish thriller flick that was absolutely fan-****-tastic. Don't want to give anything away, but the last 20 minutes were mind-blowingly brilliant. All I'll say is that it follows a couple who are being hunted by killers through desolate countryside (sounds formulaic but it's really, really worth a watch).

220px-El_rey_de_la_monta%C3%B1a.jpg

Good call. I 'found' a copy with badly translated subs, but it was still a great watch

Not sure if I want to recommend it, however I watched this

Mysterious_skin

And well...it's certainly a very good film. Joseph Gordon-Lewitt's performance is worth it alone. But it will disturb you and leave you a bit shaken after...it's also depressing as ****. It is very good though, but you wont want to be rushing off to watch it again any time soon!

Fantastic film. I have never seen a film handle the subject of child abuse and pedophilia in such a frank way, which makes for a pretty heartbreaking film. Huge fan of Gordan-Levitt, everthing he is involved with is superb (yes, including 3rd rock).

See also Manic (Gordan-Levitt) and Lilya 4eva (not him, but lots of similar themes. Far bleaker though)

Got around to watching Mesrine part II last night , having watched part I a few weeks ago

Part II isn't as good but treated as one film it's bloody good , even allowing for it being spoken in the heathen tongue

Â