The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

didn't get around to watching baise-moi last night so ive still got that to watch

Save yourself the bother - it's a truly awful movie. I can't think of a single redeeming feature in this film and you'd think with the amount of killing and shagging that goes on, there should be something good about it.

Then again, you could always watch it and make up your own mind ;)

Save yourself the bother - it's a truly awful movie. I can't think of a single redeeming feature in this film and you'd think with the amount of killing and shagging that goes on, there should be something good about it.

Totally agree with choffer on that one. A truly poor movie.

Totally agree with choffer on that one. A truly poor movie.

Only DVD I've ever put in the bin.

martyrs is easily the sickest most orrible film I have ever seen

you've obviously never seen ' August Underground ' then ?...my god !!!!

There's a new abomination out called A Serbian Film. I won't be watching it because I'm a coward and it sounds horrific.

Watched the remake of 'The Taking of Phelam 123' on Sky Movies last night.

Must admit, it was an awful lot better than I was expecting it to be.

I liked the original so was wary of the remake.

Remake isn't a classic or anything but I liked it.

51LzgH%2BvjWL._AA300_.jpg

It's good fun, very bloody and a lot less 'Grindhouse' than I expected. It's also worth watching just for the novelty value of seeing De Niro and Seagal (who looks like a tantastic, bloated Ray Reardon) in the same movie.

Watched Frozen at the weekend, 8 out of 10. Nice to not see an all action thing, just a normal low budget thing. Some of it is quite disturbing in a way but highly enjoyable.

It's about 3 people stuck on a ski lift 100 ft up half way up a deserted ski resort. Does not really sound much of a problem but it's a real good watch as all the time you ask yourself "what would I do ?".

Be interesting to see what you all think of it.

nope never seen it but just been reading a few reviews online and one of them said something along the lines of ''I couldn't believe how boring this film was, the highlight was when they made her eat her brothers genitals, yeah that bit was funny''

most of them say its incredibly boring poorly shot and hard to get hold of

That new movie out, Buried, is one movie I'll hapilly never see or talk about ever.

Really looking forward to that one actually. The reviews have been very positive.

Yep, looks good. read a bit about it yesterday, no rehearsals for it. Straight in the box for 11 hours a day or something like that.

There's a new abomination out called A Serbian Film. I won't be watching it because I'm a coward and it sounds horrific.

Yeh I've read the spoilers for that and won't be partaking. It sounds like a live action version of one of those wapaneze rape cartoons.

French shock cinema is excellent, Martyrs, Inside, Frontiers, et al. fantastic movies. Irreversible was the one that really stands out for me though, even in comparison to older and more infamous movies like Salo and Men Behind the Sun. Wonderfully done, such a nauseating film to watch. Really looking forward to Noe's new flick Enter the Void.

But if you're into August Underground and that then I guess the Guinea Pig movies are a good wheeze

I've read up a little about that movie. I've watched some seriously **** up movies in my time but I honestly cannot see why anyone would want to watch that.

Watched A Serious Man this evening. Didn't catch the Story of Job reference, mostly because I probably didn't know the story of Job. Thought it was alright. Was waiting for it to start a bit. And then it ended and I felt a bit let down. Bit artsy for my tastes

Â