The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Fantastic film. I have never seen a film handle the subject of child abuse and pedophilia in such a frank way, which makes for a pretty heartbreaking film.

Yeah it is brutally honest which makes it hard watch at times, but it really is very good.

See also Manic (Gordan-Levitt) and Lilya 4eva (not him, but lots of similar themes. Far bleaker though)

I watched Manic last night actually, very good aswell. Don Cheadle never disappoints and Zooey Deschanel is good in it too. I've seen Lilya 4eva before but I won't be watching it again, that movie is as heavy as it gets. Very good though!

Commando : Arnold Schwarzenegger

Worth if for the one liners alone, Sully remember when i said i would kill you last... I LIED.

Dont disturb my friend he's dead tired.

John! im not going to shoot you between the eyes IM GONNA SHOOT YOU IN THE BALLS.

You scared really bad person? Well you should be this green beret is going to kick your ass, I EAT GREEN BERETS FOR BREAKFAST AND RIGHT NOW IM VERY HUNGRY

Worth if for the one liners alone, Sully remember when i said i would kill you last... I LIED.

John! im not going to shoot you between the eyes IM GONNA SHOOT YOU IN THE BALLS.

You scared really bad person? Well you should be this green beret is going to kick your ass, I EAT GREEN BERETS FOR BREAKFAST AND RIGHT NOW IM VERY HUNGRY

I LOVE Commando. Classic Arnie action movie. He takes on an entire island of bad guys, slaughters them all and is allowed to leave after the following exchange with the Army Colonel who arrives.

"Did you leave any for us?"

"Only Bodies"

Then flies away. Classic.

Watched last train home on more4 the other night

Its a documentary about chinese people migrating to cities in search of work, they all then try and get home for the new year, bascally 130m people trying to get a few thousand miles home by train, which is **** nuts

Focuses on a family who have a 16 year old daughter on a farm 2k miles away, they see her one week a year, they think they are doing whats best whilst she **** hates them

Bit slow paced, not much talking but a real insight into a bit of their culture and some amazing scenary

I LOVE Commando. Classic Arnie action movie. He takes on an entire island of bad guys, slaughters them all and is allowed to leave after the following exchange with the Army Colonel who arrives.

"Did you leave any for us?"

"Only Bodies"

Then flies away. Classic.

The bit when he dissapears into the garden shed as well then takes out a squad of men using nothing but a fire axe machete and some circular saw blades

Watched A tale of two sisters and four lions this week so far, both very different films but brillant in there own ways. Four Lions is the funniest film I seen this year and A tale of two sister was actually scary in parts, screenplay was brillant, even though the storyline was abit complex, worth watching though.

Â