The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

The-Secret-in-Their-Eyes.jpg

Probably film of the year so far for me. :thumb:

Just watched it again for the second day running. It really is that good. In fact there is a ten minute sequence at a football stadium which contains some of the best cinema I've seen for a long time.

Story - Top notch

Acting - Top notch

Direction - Top notch

It's basically top notch. :mrgreen:

Tis brilliant.

i watched 25th hour after it coming so high on that top 50

it was ok, norton isnt exactly stretched but the cast and script are pretty sound,

Barry Pepper is one of my favourite actors and criminally underrated in my opinion....

he's the best thing about 25th Hour

i watched 25th hour after it coming so high on that top 50

it was ok, norton isnt exactly stretched but the cast and script are pretty sound,

Barry Pepper is one of my favourite actors and criminally underrated in my opinion....

he's the best thing about 25th Hour

i spent half the film trying to remember where i knew him from, then watched SPR wednesday i think on film4 and it all came flooding back

he's the only one who doesnt seem to have an effortless character, norton PSH cox etc all have roles you know they can do in their sleep

Have anyone seen the "Red riding"-films? They're on one of the the film channels from time to time and I've considered to watch them one day or another. Read that they were good but I don't always agree with that guy.

Im watching "The Bank Job" which is a thoroughly average Jason Statham movie. Based on a true story apparently. What is odd is that it is set/filmed in an area I know like the back of my hand, literally 500 yards from our London office.

Its really weird to see the liberties in geography that film makers take, places which are clearly a sound stage and places on location that I walk past on a regular basis.

The film aint great though.

Been stripping wallpaper all day and had a Jim Carrey marathon going on in the background while i did it....

Dumb and Dumber

The Mask

Me, Myself and Irene

back to back and all great

not exactly a new recommendation because id hazard a guess that every Villa Talker has seen them anyway!

Best film I watch this year has to be Une Prophete other films I recommend are City of God,Crash, Gran Torino,Oldboy, Sassy Girl(korean version), Departure, Amelie, No country for Old Men, Mystic River, American History X, Raging Bull, Uno, Magnolia, La Haine

Been stripping wallpaper all day and had a Jim Carrey marathon going on in the background while i did it....

Dumb and Dumber

The Mask

Me, Myself and Irene

back to back and all great

not exactly a new recommendation because id hazard a guess that every Villa Talker has seen them anyway!

Man on the Moon gets the :thumb: from me.

I will give Das Boot a go then!

Make sure you watch the proper version, though there is some debate over that... I prefer Petersen's director's cut, which is 209 minutes long, though I could understand why someone would want the 300 minute long television versions.

Watched adventureland last night on sky anytime, not going to win any oscars but a nice easy little film and quite a cool soundtrack for those who like a little reliving of the eighties

Just watched Transsiberian... great film, featuring kkr's dream girl :D

(it's directed by a gentleman who directed episodes of H:LotS and The Wire)

Great film, also recommend the journey too - did it in June. Can't say we accepted any dolls though as gifts!

Watched Perriers Bounty last night - done by the same guys who did Intermission (another decent film) - Basically, set in Dublin, a bloke (Cillian Murphy) owes the local mobster Perrier a grand and is running out of time to pay him....

A good 'British/Irish' cast make this a good watch, very funny in places especially Jim Broadbent's character, Jim.

Just finished watching "El rey de la montaña" (King Of The Hill) on Film4, Spanish thriller flick that was absolutely fan-****-tastic. Don't want to give anything away, but the last 20 minutes were mind-blowingly brilliant. All I'll say is that it follows a couple who are being hunted by killers through desolate countryside (sounds formulaic but it's really, really worth a watch).

220px-El_rey_de_la_monta%C3%B1a.jpg

Â