The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Just finished watching "El rey de la montaña" (King Of The Hill) on Film4, Spanish thriller flick that was absolutely fan-****-tastic. Don't want to give anything away, but the last 20 minutes were mind-blowingly brilliant. All I'll say is that it follows a couple who are being hunted by killers through desolate countryside (sounds formulaic but it's really, really worth a watch).

220px-El_rey_de_la_monta%C3%B1a.jpg

Just added this one to my ever growing list. Looks right up my particular street. :thumb:

Finally got round to watching Mulholland Drive...Lynch certainly likes to **** your mind up.

Worth it though just for Laura Harring's awesome tits

the girl who played with fire

not as good as the 1st and the ending leads straight onto the 3rd film, which hopefully will be coming soon, and it suffers like the 1st film in having pretty poor subtitles, still a good film good plot and lisabeth is brilliantly played again

the girl who played with fire

not as good as the 1st and the ending leads straight onto the 3rd film, which hopefully will be coming soon, and it suffers like the 1st film in having pretty poor subtitles, still a good film good plot and lisabeth is brilliantly played again

I've got all 3 but havent bothered to watch them yet

Four Lions was released today I think. Thoroughly recommended, never laughed like that in a cinema til seeing it.

Not just a stupid comedy either, has some valid points underneath.

Never got round to seeing it at the cinema. A mate of mine says it's the funniest film he's ever seen.

I'll definitely be picking it up!

I watched The Exorcist for the first time when I was around 13/14. I wasn't really bothered by it and being the immature wee shite I giggled my way through certain scenes.

I just watched again and to be honest it's got to me. I don't know why but I'm pretty unsettled and nervy.

It really is a brilliant movie (if you set aside whatever agenda one has against religion/church/superstition).

Went and watched Scott Pilgrim vs The World last night...

I thought it was brilliant - great visually, aurally and one for gamers and music lovers.

Definately worth seeing on the big screen.

Have to say, I was hugely underwhelmed by this when I went to see it at the weekend. I'd been looking forward to it since the beginning of the year and couldn't wait to see it.

I agree with the comments re sound & vision but for me, the script was sorely lacking. There was no real set-up, I felt nothing for the characters and I believe I laughed about 3 times during the whole thing.

Maybe I built it up a bit too much going in but certainly, compared to how much I was looking forward to it, I felt massively let down.

Watched Big Fan last night. About a die-hard NY Giants fan who gets beaten up by the Giants QB but won't prosecute for fear of the team losing without their star player.

Patton Oswalt is the lead..(short chubby guy from King of Queens, although this is a serious role)

Four Lions was released today I think. Thoroughly recommended, never laughed like that in a cinema til seeing it.

Not just a stupid comedy either, has some valid points underneath.

Never got round to seeing it at the cinema. A mate of mine says it's the funniest film he's ever seen.

I'll definitely be picking it up!

I was in the same boat - really wanted to see this when it came out but somehow managed to miss it. I watched it last night for the first time and I have to say, it was magnificent.

The funny bits are very funny but as Chindie point out, the real meat of the film is in what it's saying. The scene's where the lead character is telling his son a revisionist version of the Lion King where the characters are Jihadi is so poignant. Will never listen to Dancing in the Moonlight in quite the same way again ;)

Just finished watching "El rey de la montaña" (King Of The Hill) on Film4, Spanish thriller flick that was absolutely fan-****-tastic. Don't want to give anything away, but the last 20 minutes were mind-blowingly brilliant. All I'll say is that it follows a couple who are being hunted by killers through desolate countryside (sounds formulaic but it's really, really worth a watch).

220px-El_rey_de_la_monta%C3%B1a.jpg

Just added this one to my ever growing list. Looks right up my particular street. :thumb:

This was on Film4 the other night, managed to record it on this recommendation and watched earlier on.

I was really enjoying it till the last 20 mins, which in contrast to GarethRDR, I thought were shit and ruined the film. (Potential Spoilers ahoy)

The final 20 has a revelation, yes, but the film then chucks in a load of...well, for want of a better word, attacks, on a certain demographic in a very heavy handed and rather... upmarket tabloid way. Really broke the film a bit for me, which till then had been a good example of a simple thriller. And the bird in it was hot. And then they ruined it.

Nice pop culture reference in there though in that final part ;).

Â