The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Videodrome (David Cronenberg, 1983)

Twisted Sci-fi film with Debbie Harry. It's really good fun. The last half an hour is strange, to say the least.

The part with the videotape and James Woods stomach still sticks in my mind.

Saw 'The American' whilst I was over in the States. I thought it was a very good film and would highly recommend it. Beautifully shot and it flows nicely as a film. Plus it has the added bonus of starring Violante Placido; a rather stunning Italian woman...

I would also like to recommend 'Back To The Future' to everyone. Classic film, which I am sure 90% of you have already seen. However, it has been re-released at cinemas due to it being the anniversary of the first film in the series. Go and see it at the cinema. It's like a blast from the past, and a good one at that!

When it comes to upcoming films, 'The Social Network' has been on my radar for months now. It looks as if my anticipation may well be rewarded, judging by the reviews coming in thus far. Jesse Eisenberg pulled off two very good performances in 'Adventureland' and 'Zombieland' in my opinion. If you haven't already seen either of them, then I would suggest giving them a watch. The first being a slightly depressing (at times) coming of age tale and the latter being the best zombie comedy since 'Shaun Of The Dead'.

Jesse Eisenberg pulled off two very good performances in 'Adventureland' and 'Zombieland' in my opinion. If you haven't already seen either of them, then I would suggest giving them a watch. The first being a slightly depressing (at times) coming of age tale and the latter being the best zombie comedy since 'Shaun Of The Dead'.

Yeah, he was good in Squid and the Whale and Roger Dodger too. Looking forward to Social Network, love a bit of Fincher.

Jesse Eisenberg pulled off two very good performances in 'Adventureland' and 'Zombieland' in my opinion. If you haven't already seen either of them, then I would suggest giving them a watch. The first being a slightly depressing (at times) coming of age tale and the latter being the best zombie comedy since 'Shaun Of The Dead'.

Yeah, he was good in Squid and the Whale and Roger Dodger too. Looking forward to Social Network, love a bit of Fincher.

Ahhh yes, I completely forgot 'Roger Dodger'. Good shout! Haven't seen 'Squid and the Whale', so will have to check that one out.

Saw "buried" today

nearly 2 hours long and nothing but Ryan Reynolds inside a coffin

and yet the film works , was never dull and you actually kinda felt the discomfort at times for yourself such was the way it was shot

go see it ...

Yeh him and Deschanel are great in that film. Saw 500 days of summer recently with them both in, and it was great too, but for all together different reasons.

As for Buried I can't help but be reminded of the ending of Spoorloos (The Vanishing) when I see that advert, and it kind of puts me off given that that ending was so effective and suggested there was no hope whatsoever, whereas Buried seems to say 'well actually you might be able to get so its not that bad'

Worth seeing at the cinema again, done a great clean up job...

Back+to+the+future+movie+poster.jpg

I am rather tempted to go and see this , i was only 6 when it was out originally so very tempted plus its got a delorean in i mean come on whats not to love about this film .

Â