The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

A Serious Man :thumb:

I really like the Coen Bros, but this bored me!

Clever yes, but entertainment?

Did you not find it funny?

I think its very funny.

Agreed. But I think it helped that I did a bit of background reading on it first. The whole Schrodinger's Cat thing was definitely a good tip-off.

Untruths

:P

Coincidentally, I only wound up watching the film because I was channel hopping and though the Mike Judge cartoon was on. I'm with you on María Valverde though.

220px-Mar%C3%ADa_Valverde.jpg

Watched Scott Pilgrim at the weekend and I can definitely see why people would be underwhelmed. I did enjoy it, but it seemed to take forever getting started. Having not read the comics, it's slightly unfair to draw the following comparison but I did come out of the cinema feeling like I'd just watched a severly watered-down live adaptation of FLCL.

A Serious Man :thumb:

I really like the Coen Bros, but this bored me!

Clever yes, but entertainment?

Did you not find it funny?

I think its very funny.

Not remotely!

I found it an interesting rehash of The book of Job, but it was hard work!

the-disappearance-of-Alice-Creed.jpg

Watched and thoroughly enjoyed this last night. It's a tightly written 3 hander with some neat little twists along the way, and the always superb Eddie Marsan on top form.

I think I recommended this when it was out at the cinema. Fantastic film and a surprisingly excellent performance by Arteton.

the-disappearance-of-Alice-Creed.jpg

Watched and thoroughly enjoyed this last night. It's a tightly written 3 hander with some neat little twists along the way, and the always superb Eddie Marsan on top form.

Just finished watching this.

Fantastic film, entertained through out!

watched four lions. had me in stitches, the bit with the drone and the rocket launcher had me howling

also watched the other guys, which IMO was good, very hilarious but WF at least doesnt go off on one and ruin it

also managed 30 mins of youth in revolt, before mt disliking if cera finally got the better of me and i had to turn it off, i cant stand his down trodden wimpy whiney characters

Â