The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Is buried based in any way on the book dead simple?

I think I have read this book, is it about a stag weekend that goes wrong. Set in Brighton, water slowly fills the coffin and stuff. IIRC one of the stag party worked at an undertakers, hence the box ?

Anyway, good book if it's the same one.

I think I have read this book, is it about a stag weekend that goes wrong. Set in Brighton, water slowly fills the coffin and stuff. IIRC one of the stag party worked at an undertakers, hence the box ?

Yeah thats the one, stag do prank they put him in a coffin but they get killed in a car crash

Yeah thats the one, stag do prank they put him in a coffin but they get killed in a car crash

Ha ha, yeah its proper good. They are all laughing as they are driving away and then ....bang.

Really good writer he is, I have just finished one about organs. There is a high influx of Bontempi within the Brighton area. The insidious effects of Rhumba on a small town has previously been unreported ....hold on no, that's bolox. Organ's Donor's as in liver and lungs and all that, getting them from homeless people. Real good book if i could remember the name of the book and the Author I would be sorted.

8 out of 10 for that book as well.

I watched rec 2 last night

decent film no where near as good as the first one though

and I wanted to see Manu ripping some people apart, he was quality in the first film when he snotted the little old lady...and then went rampaging through crowds of zombies with a mallet

Watched His Girl Friday last night with the girlfriend and spawned an argument. She really liked it and I couldn't fathom how. he snappy dialogue was fun and it was of course fascinating all the war/spy talk that creeps in sets in context well, making you realise Hitler and Stalin hadn't yet gotten into their stride properly by this point, but as for the lead couple... giant giant rocket polishers. Could not care any less about either of them. Cary Grant's chap whilst well done, was a complete shit and the ending, well, it seems to suggest being a clearing in the woods gets rewards and nice guys deserve **** all. Nice message. :shock:

Now I like films, in fact i love them and spend a lot of time collecting these, grading them on IMDB and reading /listening to reviews. Sometimes though I will watch a film for comedy value alone, the name of this film just jumped out at me and I had to get it.

Titanic II

Could it be better than the first ?

What are the special effects like ?

How does it end I wonder ?

Iceberg this time ?

The best worst film ever made, 0/10 of course but made me laugh more than say "Death at a funeral" for example.

Some points to note :-

The ship is never seen moving on the water apart from when it moves away from port (Animation). It seems the new Titanic can accelerate from 0 to 100 knots in 0.3 seconds apparently.

The biggest ship in the world had a welcome meeting for all 25 of the passengers. The same 25 we see getting on at the start and waving to family and friends to the empty port.

I could go on but I feel it was not a wasted hour and a half as it was hilarious.

(Note: I heard the other day the original Titanic sank because the geezer on the steering wheel was not up to scratch on turning it and turned the wrong way first, that's why they hit it. Only recently released by the guy's family)

Titanic II

The best worst film ever made, 0/10 of course but made me laugh more than say "Death at a funeral" for example.

Ha, I saw some of this recently, it was on Sci-Fi. Not as bad good as Troll 2 and Pink Flamingos though, mostly because what I saw was just really shit.

martyrs is easily the sickest most orrible film I have ever seen

you've obviously never seen ' August Underground ' then ?...my god !!!!

There's a new abomination out called A Serbian Film. I won't be watching it because I'm a coward and it sounds horrific.

Human Centipede.

Holy mother of god. Disgusting.

(Note: I heard the other day the original Titanic sank because the geezer on the steering wheel was not up to scratch on turning it and turned the wrong way first, that's why they hit it. Only recently released by the guy's family)

Completely OT but:

However Sally Neillson, the great granddaughter of Robert Hichins, has also been re-examining events for her upcoming biography of the quartermaster.

She says there "is no way on earth" the accident could be blamed on the steermaster.

Ms Neillson told Channel 4 News that the crew was recruited in Southampton during coal strikes. Competition for the six quartermaster roles was tough and they were chosen carefully.

"Hichins had 10 years experience, seven of those as a quartermaster. He sailed the Titanic for four days before the accident, during which he did shifts of four hours on, four hours off. He would have steered the vessel during these times, so been familiar with the systems. He knew ships.

"These were experienced men, a very experienced crew. I completely disagree with this theory."

Ms Niellson claims to have new theories of her own which will appear in her book - Hard a-starboard - due to be published before the centenary anniversary of 2012.

Other Titanic experts said claims about the steersman's orders have been made before, and that Lady Patten's is one theory among many competing for attention in the run up to the centenary of the disaster.

Channel 4 News

Â