The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

It could never top Street Fighter: The Movie.

that was on earlier.

It was as shit as I remember.

Loved it though.

I missed it! I agree, as films go it is awful but I love it.

White House down

Unbelievably bad, it's like they tried to get as many cliches in as possible, Olympus has fallen wasn't very good but it's 10x better than this shit

How did both of those movies come out in the same year? That just should not be allowed.

Deep Impact was naff but 6 billion times better than Armageddon.

Never really liked tia leoni

Téa Leoni is the moodier, less fun, less attractive Marisa Tomei  :wub:

• Like 1

Deep Impact was naff but 6 billion times better than Armageddon.

Never really liked tia leoni

Téa Leoni is the moodier, less fun, less attractive Marisa Tomei  :wub:

I believe she's a sex machine tho

The change up. The premise has been done many times but this one was pretty good. Some good laughable moments and some nice boobies on show

I watched it too, it looked to me like they tipped it over the edge and for a 15 rating rather than a 12a and they got a better film for it, take out the crudeness and nakedness and that's a film that's been done to death

Similar films being done at the same time - assume it's from someone walking away from one project to do another at a very early stage, pre contractual use the shit out of them stage, happened with battlefield Los Angeles and whatever that skyline film was called didn't it? I think that was the visual people walked away and nicked loads of stuff

• Like 1

Loads of films happen like that where 2 very similar films come out at the same time:

Deep Impact, Armegeddon

The Prestige, Illusionist

No Strings Attached, Friends with Benefits

Finding Nemo, Shark Tale

A Bug's Life, Antz

White House Down, Olympus has Fallen

Truman Show, EdTV

Flightplan, Redeye

• Like 2

Twin Town (1997)  Watched this film last night and really  enjoyed it. Set in Swansea, it was realistic,down to earth and a great storyline .It also had a ending i never expected. A 8/10 for me  :)

• Like 1

Loads of films happen like that where 2 very similar films come out at the same time:

Deep Impact, Armegeddon

The Prestige, Illusionist

No Strings Attached, Friends with Benefits

Finding Nemo, Shark Tale

A Bug's Life, Antz

White House Down, Olympus has Fallen

Truman Show, EdTV

Flightplan, Redeye

Madagascar, The Wild.

Don't forget Teenage Creampie Addicts 2 and Christie the College Campus Cum Dumpster - they were released a week apart, bonkers planning.

• Like 4

The Double.

Wow, what an experience that was, possibly my most enjoyable film of the year so far. This Richard Ayoade is someone to watch.

His eye for little details and interesting camera work is incredible, the sense of foreboding and tension building is so hard to create in film and the last movie I saw that managed it that well is berbarian sound studio.

Thought Eissenberg was excellent and Mia Wasakowska is definitely one of my film crushes, she was great too. Got a little bit weird for its own good at times but the good far outweighed the bad for me.

8.5/10

Now I need to see Submarine!

• Like 3

Am I right in thinking The Road and Book of Eli were at the flicks at the same time too? Seem to recall seeing both in a short space of time at the cinema.

Â