The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Well no terminator movie is going to ever eclipse number one.

Fixed for you.

T1 & T2 equally brilliant.

T3 & T4 were ok as standalone films, but just didn't live up to T1 & T2 (which they were never going to anyway).

Well no terminator movie is going to ever eclipse number one.

Fixed for you.

T1 & T2 equally brilliant.

T3 & T4 were ok as standalone films, but just didn't live up to T1 & T2 (which they were never going to anyway).

The original Terminator had these lovely layers of grime and darkness (reminded me of early J.Carpenter) and a tight, simple storyline that never dropped the pace. Also loved the sense of foreboding dread that it had.

T2 was much bigger, brighter, expansive and highly polished and had some incredible action set-pieces but I think it lost much of what I loved about the first one. Great popcorn flick though to be fair.

Robots age?

they already thought of that  in Terminator 1

Kyle Reese: The Terminator's an infiltration unit, part man, part machine. Underneath, it's a hyperalloy combat chassis - micro processor-controlled, fully armored. Very tough. But outside, it's living human tissue - flesh, skin, hair, blood, grown for the cyborgs...

This could be fun although I will still only acknowledge Termionators 1, 2 and 3 (purely for the ending) as official canon.  

Glad you included 3.

A lot of people dismiss 3 as being awful.

Which, to be fair, is understandable.

But the way it all came together in the end was superb. I think that salvaged the film.

I've seen Salvation but I couldn't tell you a single thing about it. One of those films that I just completely forget about

This could be fun although I will still only acknowledge Termionators 1, 2 and 3 (purely for the ending) as official canon.  

Glad you included 3.

But the way it all came together in the end was superb. I think that salvaged the film.

Yeah that is my thinking.  The ending made it, I never thought whilst watching it that judgement day would actually happen.

Terminator 2 is probably my most watched film of all time.  I can almost quote it word for word.

Glad you included 3.

Yeah that is my thinking.  The ending made it, I never thought whilst watching it that judgement day would actually happen.

Terminator 2 is probably my most watched film of all time.  I can almost quote it word for word.

Not that many words though are there?

I'll be black

Pasta Vista baby

cum on me if you want to live

i am a sideboard from the future, I have to rescue you.

easy peasy.

• Like 2

Stargate to get rebooted

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/stargate/30738/stargate-movie-reboot-announced-roland-emmerich-directing

Lets hope Kurt Russell can make a cameo appearance

tumblr_lsij28nLge1r1w5hto1_500.jpg

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Stargate WAS Sg-1 and RDA

I refuse to acknowledge anyone else playing Jack O'Neill

28-fingers-in-ears.jpg

• Like 2

White house down ....what a load of dogshit ......although something about maggie gyllenhaal .....not the best looking girl in the world but gives me an urgin for a splurgin

2.75/10

Edited by Meath_Villan

White house down ....what a load of dogshit ......although something about maggie gyllenhaal .....not the best looking girl in the world but gives me an urgin for a splurgin

The silver plated RPG.... Why?

Recorded V for Vendetta a couple of weeks back and decided to watch it tonight. It was a bit meh really. I quite like Alan Moore's works on the whole - though I've never read the graphic novel - and considering the screenplay was written by the Wachowski brothers and they produced it, you'd think it would have had higher production values at least, especially since it was made years after the The Matrix which was brilliant.

Pretty disappointing really, and as much as I love me some Portman, her English accent was pretty atrocious. Hugo Weaving was the best thing about the film by a mile, but it looked and felt like something that you'd watch on Syfy.

Pretty naff all in all - 9.5/10 ;)

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 1

Â