The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

I googled both their names together and seems I'm not the only to have noticed the resemblence. Another thing I noticed about Natalie Dormer is that she always seems to have the exact same smirk on her face.

Edit. Sorry, the comparison was meant as a compliment to both.

Edited by useless

Prince of Persia.. Films should not be made based on a computer game

Yeah, I was really disappointed with that film. There's not been a film made based on a game that I've ever thought was very good. I think Silent Hill probably comes the closest.

And no, I don't care if they did get Bob Hoskins to play Mario and John Leguizamo as Luigi, the movie sucked.

Edited by Ginko

Assassin's Creed is supposedly out next summer.

But yeah, they are pretty much universally rubbish. I'm sure Prince of Persia is regarded as one else of the best as well, not seen it myself, mind.

The only one I thought was good is the Takashi Miike directed Ace Attorney. And even that is far from being great. Yeah, Silent Hill was alright too, and I liked FF Spirits Within, but that might just be due to pure fanboyism.

Edited by hogso

Watched X-Men Days of Future Past last night and thoroughly enjoyed it - it was difficult to see how it was going to achieve a credible(ish) ending but it managed it, along with some good homages to other films and great cameos from original x-men.

worth a go - 8/10 from me!

It's been quite a while since I saw FF Spirits Within, but I don't ever remember it having much to do with any Final Fantasy game I've ever played.

I sawed 4 big dcreen movies this weekend, 3 of them on the small screen in my living room.  Well it's not that small but its smaller than the big one that was in the corner of the cinema I went to, to see one of the big screen movies in this weekend.

1. Godzilla - I have now seen what it would look like if jesus and mary had a fight in japan.  It's a shame the film locations were so cloudy because I would have liked to have seen Godzilla more than whath he was on the screen for.  The was a big explosion in the film and it made several kids cry. I think this was because they didn't like the explosion.  I thought ingen had killed all of the monsters on the island and I am suprised one of them that was that big had escaped the island and was really good at holding his breath for a long time.  The people in the film were very considerate.  I feel as though this is a good trait to have because it shows they care.  When the buildings were standing the city looked great and then that stuff happens (I won't put spoils on here for the 1 person in the universe not to see this film), needless to say I don't think I'll visit that cities anymore because I would probably chose one next to a noisy construction site.. lol that would be just my luck wouldnt it guys?

Needless to say, I'm taking half a point off the rating of this film because I think too much fog was in it. 9.5/10

2.  The Delivery Man - This was a weird film.  Vince Vaughn meets his kids and then some other stuff happens.  I was sad when he said hi to his disabled son because it was a shame for him to have Vince Vaughn as his dad.  I bet he was thinking "Oh great, I have some very disabled problems and now I learn vince vaughn is my **** dad".  It was funny at a couple of points and this made me laugh.

Needless to say, I had the last laugh 9.5/10

3.  Meet the Millers - I saw this film not one hour ago.  I loved the bit where Jenifer Anistons top lip didn't move very easily.  I felt sorry for the young gentleman who had the misfortune of getting bited on the nut sack by a spider.  This made his bollocks go big and unfortunately for him his knob remained the same size. I paused the film so I could properly look at it. Not for pleasurable reasons but for science reasons. 

On this evidence I gave the film a 10/10 - but then there was a mexican with one eye and it put me off my crackers and cheese, so I'll knock off half a point.  This means that;

-------

9.5/10

So I'm giving this movie 9.5/10

4.  The Lego film movie - I had the pleasure of seeing this film ages ago because I had lego when I was young and the plot has been largely left unchanged.  The director did a good job of making all of the scenery and I'm sure he'll have spent much more than I did because I only had enough Lego to build a plane and a small racing track.

That being said Will Ferrell is a nice dad and I'm sure he will give his son some of his old lego to practice on.  Maybe then his son can make the next Lego film.  I think I have already seen Lego Film movie 2 because I made some when I was younger.  I had a space station.

I liked that bit when then man built that stuff and then the other lego men builded stuff and so they finished on time and within budget - In my opinion that only makes good business sense. 

I think this film was funny and I think Milhouses appearance was outstanding.  Maybe one day he will get one of his own movies with a big budget like that of the Titanic.  The titantic was filmed in 1997 and starrs neil patrick swayze.

anyway I have been digressing in order to calculate my final film verdict.

I'm sure you would all agree that this film is worth between a 10/10 and a 9.0/10.

Taking those 2 numbers up there ^^^^ and then finding out the middle number is pretty cool.

After calculating all of these numbers it gives me a 9.5/10 for the Lego Film Movie.

I have seen it though so I would probably watch it again, but only on some occasions.

I hope you enjoyed this years version of Lapal_fan_fan movie review 2012.  please come back next year for one more maybe.

xoxox

• Like 3

I think the best (admittedly of a bad bunch) of video game movie tie-ins is definitely the first Silent Hill. Not a great film by any stretch of the imagination, but it was reasonably entertaining and it definitely had the look and feel of a SH game. I seem to recall an interview with the director who admitted being a massive SH fan who trawled through the different games finding camera angles / lighting to use in his movie.

Silent Hill is definitely one of the better examples, but that game creeped me out terribly back in the day. I don't remember being scared at all watching the movie.

I haven't seen Silent Hill: Revelation, but I'll give it a watch when it's on TV. I believe Kit Harington is in it, and I also seem to remember his American accent is a bit naff from the trailer I saw a while back. Ah well. They should turn that into a thing, like every Silent Hill movie has to star Game of Thrones alumni.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 1

Â