The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

So I seed'd the Thin Red Line on Tuesday the 27th't of May, 2014.  It is an older film which was filmed and shot sometime in 1998 in a place called Tokyo.  I have since researched that Tokyo was the birthday place of a familiar monster star called Dawn French.

I was really dissapointed that a film that was film shooted in Tokyo did not feature my favorite Chinese actor Jackie Chan. 

In the film, it was a lovely day, the sun was shining and I think the men that went on those narrow boats should have worn less clothes, because of the heating elements. 

When they got off the boats, they ran up this massive hill.  Then it all began "PITCHU! PITCHU, PITCHU! CLANG! "I'M RELOADING YOU ROTTERS! STOP SHOOTING IN MY DIRECTION!!"

but did the rotters stop shooting at him? Did they ****.

One time this guy really runs up the hill with his legs all tired, but he thinks "**** THIS, I'M ENJOYING MY RUN, I'LL KEEP GOING!" and all of the soilders think "WOOOOO!" and shot their pistols in the air like some kind of mad texan guy.

Anyway, a few people die and it is bad.  I think the dictator of the film showed this happening because it demonstrates that war is only good for the people killing.  The people who are dead are just sad because there's no respawns.

There was also a bit with a village full of black people living a lovely simple life.  There was a soilder with them who made them play some games when the children just wanted to sleep, but he said "no, you must play these parlour games". 

There was also a bit where a soilder kept imagining his girlfriend on a swing, but I thought she's to old to be on a swing, she might fall off and crack her head or something like that.

Overall, I liked parts and I disliked other parts.

But because it was a lovely sunny day, I give this film a whopping 9.5/10

I would watch it again probably, but I might not because it was boring in some parts.  I might watch it again and just fast forward all the woman on the swing and get to the killing bits.

1359732128868379938.GIF

has this now turned into the competition thread and who can give the most obscure film review  ?

Your XMen review was pretty obscure to be fair ;)

I agree, it was shit.

At least I try and get the reader to engage in what I felt deep, deep down inside of me.  Your review Tonyh29 only irritates of few of my skin cells. I think that makes mine much better'er than yours.

Now if you don't mind, stay out of my thread.

So, this is finally happening on Blu-ray...

KSSIeim.jpg

Much rejoicing and pre-ordering has taken place, and no more watching my shite copy of Aguirre, Wrath of God. Which is nice.

• Like 2

I watched Aguirre, Wrath of God recently. **** good, innit.

Yeah, it's bloody brilliant. Kinski / Herzog collaborations were always interesting, even more so because of their relationship off screen.

For my shame, there's lots of movies on that box set I haven't seen yet. Looking forward to ploughing through them.

Got The Changeling on it's way from Amafilmlovezon.  Never seen it before, it's one of those DVDs I would always pick up in HMV, read the blurb and think "I should watch that".  Not the Jolie one incidentally, the haunted house one with George C. Scott.

has this now turned into the competition thread and who can give the most obscure film review  ?

meh .. i gave nothing away and said it was a good film  .. what more do you want from a film review :)

I agree, it was shit.

At least I try and get the reader to engage in what I felt deep, deep down inside of me.  Your review Tonyh29 only irritates of few of my skin cells. I think that makes mine much better'er than yours.

Meh your post was all BOOOO and no WOOOOO .. I think the author of the post showed this happening because it demonstrates that war is only good for the people killing

and because it is a lovely cloudy day, I give your post a paltry 1.5/10

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

I agree, it was shit.

Meh your post was all BOOOO and no WOOOOO .. I think the author of the post showed this happening because it demonstrates that war is only good for the people killing

and because it is a lovely cloudy day, I give your post a paltry 1.5/10

now that's a review I can get along with :thumb::lol:

Got The Changeling on it's way from Amafilmlovezon.  Never seen it before, it's one of those DVDs I would always pick up in HMV, read the blurb and think "I should watch that".  Not the Jolie one incidentally, the haunted house one with George C. Scott.

It's a bit like Cameron Diaz. Good when it first came out, but it's aged badly.

• Like 1

So using the official VT scoring system, about a  6.793r out of 10 then?

It's got George C.Scott in it, which immediately gives it a decent rating. The problem lies more in the final third, but I won't say any more for fear of spoiling it.

• Like 1

Berbarian Sound Studio - good or not?

Not sure why but I started thinking about it earlier.

One of my favourites from the last few years. Worth watching for Toby Jones performance alone, and the sort of movie that certainly sticks with you for a few days after.

So, yeah I would recommend it :thumb:

Non-Stop

7/10 to begin with but the final 40 mins 0/10 best way i can describe it would be having a shite after a dodgy curry

Liam Neeson is his usual grunting pissed off self and Julianne Moore wtf so out of place

Any of you guys heard of the Bechdel test?

It is a test of whether a film is sexist* or not. (*sexist against women, that is)

I was amazed when I heard of it but when I found out the rules, I couldn't think of many films which would pass. :)

1. It has to have at least two women in it,
  2. who talk to each other,
  3. about something besides a man

very strange test.    

surely most films must have a sentence where one woman says something random to another woman. just one sentence like "here you go" or "move out of the way" or "**** off".

Â