The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

I hate foreign films.  I mean who wants to read subtitles?  It's stupid if you ask me, just watch films in your own language.

Pretty much the same retort applies. Good ideas and storylines are not restricted to your own language, so by ruling out every non-English film you're ruling out some great stories and therefore some great films.

I have watched some great foreign films lately and subtitles don't bother me. To name a few!

Read my lips

Rosetta

Rust and Bone

The Kid with a Bike

Baran
Sin Nombre
Amores Perros
Incendies
Maria full of grace

In many ways the story lines are better and hollywood often often do remakes of European films like brothers and the next three days
Edited by PaulC

Has anyone seen "Hunger" ... any good?

I saw it a few years ago. Its a good film if you want to watch that type of thing. I can remember Bobby Sands and the hunger strike so i found it kind of bleak. But it is a bleak story.

I don't think i've ever seen a black & white film either, i guess  this film might be?

:excl:

There's loads you're missing out on but I would at least give Raging Bull or The Hustler a watch. They would appeal to anyone with a passing interest in sport.

I kind of like the British kitchen sink films from the 60s which i think are all black and white

Room at the top

This sporting life is really good film starring Richard Harris about a Rugby player

Loneliness of a long distance runner

• Like 3

I don't think i've ever seen a black & white film either, i guess  this film might be?

:excl:

There's loads you're missing out on but I would at least give Raging Bull or The Hustler a watch. They would appeal to anyone with a passing interest in sport.

I kind of like the British kitchen sink films from the 60s which i think are all black and white

Room at the top

This sporting life is really good film starring Richard Harris about a Rugby player

Loneliness of a long distance runner

I'd agree. Richard Harris is immense in This Sporting Life.

While Old Boy is being discussed this is another one from Park Chan-Wook.  In a totally different vein but just as weird.  A nice quirky romantic comedy.

im_a_cyborg_ver3_xlg.jpg

Why are you sharing with us films that are in a language none of us understand?

While Old Boy is being discussed this is another one from Park Chan-Wook. In a totally different vein but just as weird. A nice quirky romantic comedy.

Posted Image

Why are you sharing with us films that are in a language none of us understand?

Because I was joking. I was satirising the fact that people mentioned black and white films can't be good by making an even more absurd claim, but now I look stupid because people think that's what I really think :(

Ha wainy. Top effort. luls.

I suppose it was bound to happen, they've green lit a tolkien biopic, will apparently focus on his time at Pembroke college and as a soldier in WW1 but I don't see how they can do it without tying in a fair bit of brum

Will it be a trilogy directed by Peter Jackson? Edited by hogso

Well that trailer for nymphomaniac was errrrrrm interesting.... Not sure what would be worse going to see it in the cinema on my own or going to see it with my mate who I usually go with on a Weds night ....

Maybe I'll just wait for it to be on the interweb ....

Well that trailer for nymphomaniac was errrrrrm interesting.... Not sure what would be worse going to see it in the cinema on my own or going to see it with my mate who I usually go with on a Weds night ....

Would rather watch a sasha grey skin flick 

Would rather watch a sasha grey skin flick

Exactly. Don't quite get the point.

Love Sasha by the way.

Â