The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

parkland, film about the assignation of JFK (parkland is the name of the hospital he died in)

its been panned generally but I really liked it, its a lot like Bobby (but not as good) in that its the story of the ordinary people effected by the event, such as the doctors, the guy who shot the footage, oswalds brother, the local FBI agents, its a bit hit and miss, the scenes in the hospital are great but the characters aren't, the guy who shot the footage's story probably isn't as good as it could have been and the end of the film where it starts to slow down the brothers story takes over and is probably the highlight of the film

my biggest criticism would be the camera work, lots of shots behind glass and from funny angles and use of blurring, didn't like it

being a Kennedy fan I enjoyed it, the girlfriend not knowing much enjoyed it because it was quite clever in the way it told you about things you might not know about JFK

Might watch that then, just finished watching jfk again

Speaking of JFK, can anyone recommend a good film (preferably a documentary) about the Cold war/Cuban Missile Crisis?

I've not seen it, so I don't know how much it goes on about the Cuban Missile Crisis, but apparently this is very good.

MV5BMTc3MTA4NDgzNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTAx

Robert McNamara was US Secretary of Defense between 1961 - 1968, so there is bound to be something.

He then went on to be President of the World Bank, which I think is quite funny.

Haha yeah Empire may be the ultimate one if you view it as a stand alone film, pretty grim for all the goodies at the end of that one.

I've seen Arlington Road, both Jeff Bridges and TIm Robbins are very good in it.

Have you seen 'Primal Fear'? That one is up there for me.

...I've just realised, I may have asked quite a spoiler-laden question...  :mellow:

Speaking of JFK, can anyone recommend a good film (preferably a documentary) about the Cold war/Cuban Missile Crisis?

I've not seen it, so I don't know how much it goes on about the Cuban Missile Crisis, but apparently this is very good.

MV5BMTc3MTA4NDgzNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTAx

Robert McNamara was US Secretary of Defense between 1961 - 1968, so there is bound to be something.

He then went on to be President of the World Bank, which I think is quite funny.

Thirteen_days_poster.jpg

Cheers chaps

Godfather II?

They were bigger than U.S Steel.

What's the best film where the 'bad guy wins'?

zero dark thirty?

I actually wrote that and figured nobody would like it and went for a serious answer...

...That was a copy of the suggestion I gave to villa4europe :D

Â