The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

A colleague in work loaned me their blu-ray of World War Z.

I wish they hadn't, gave up on it in under an hour.

Possibly the worst thing I've watched in a good few years

It's not good. The book (which is nothing like the film) is so much better.

Purely speculation but I imagine the hate is because of the expectations of people who've read the book.  I'll probably watch it as nothing but a popcorn flick when it's on Sky Movies.

Purely speculation but I imagine the hate is because of the expectations of people who've read the book.  I'll probably watch it as nothing but a popcorn flick when it's on Sky Movies.

Discussed back in the thread, but I've never read the WWZ book, and I agree with Bickster. Terrible film. 

Still trying to get my head around someone never having seen a B&W film. 

Discussed back in the thread, but I've never read the WWZ book, and I agree with Bickster. Terrible film.

I haven't read the book either, I had zero expectations, so much so I didn't even know it was a zombie flick until I started to watch it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frXklECPkD0

Also a shout out for High Noon a great B+W film

Nice one MV. Tele's on the blink, so just watched that. You can see why there's a sequel planned in this world full of Mr Potters.

I watched it again after I posted it ...brilliant movie

I thought WWZed was decent enough. The Jerusalem bit is excellent.

That was the point at which I stopped watching

But that scene was near enough at the start...so you didn't really watch it did you

Its approx an hour in, that was plenty of time to spend on something so shite. In fact it was the scaling of the walls that finally did it for me. Viral Zombies become the Borg in some sort of collective collaboration, c'mon there's suspension of belief and beyond daft

I don't think i've ever seen a black & white film either, i guess  this film might be?

:excl:

There's loads you're missing out on but I would at least give Raging Bull or The Hustler a watch. They would appeal to anyone with a passing interest in sport.

Â