The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Human Centipede 2

I read the plot summary to that.  Good lord!

I know the first one had some merit as a unique piece of work and not as gratuitous as you might think but the second one appears to more than do away with that.

Don't you just hate it when you want to watch a film but everything you find just isn't what you're in the mood for. I wanna watch a decent film which is a bit twisted like Killer Joe but can't think of anything.

Really want to save Prisoners for tomorrow night but can't think of anything else to watch.

Edited by PieFacE

The science is wonky.

Thats a bit nit-picky, Chinders. I doubt many people would be able to tell you the distances between Hubble and ISS or whether they orbit clockwise or anti.

That aside, I'd agree with your use of the word spectacular.

Edited by choffer

Been catching up on films I'd previously missed this week.

So far I've done:

Perks of being a wallflower

Safety not guaranteed

Broken (bit of a change of pace from the previous two).

Thoroughly enjoyed all three.

Finally get to enjoy Before Midnight at the weekend too, now that the gf has caught up with the previous two.

• Like 1

The science is wonky.

Thats a bit nit-picky, Chinders. I doubt many people would be able to tell you the distances between Hubble and ISS or whether they orbit clockwise or anti.

The science issues are more to do with things like inertia etc in space. One particular moment breaks the laws of physics for a moment of drama, let's say ;)

The science is wonky.

The science issues are more to do with things like inertia etc in space. One particular moment breaks the laws of physics for a moment of drama, let's say ;)

If you mean the bit where Clooney opens the hatch on an un-suited Bullock, that doesn't count, as it was a dream/hallucination. And a bit of Googling tells me that apparently you could actually get away with it for up to a minute or so, anyway. There were lots of minor goofs though - like Bullocks hair not being weightless!

Finally get to enjoy Before Midnight at the weekend too, now that the gf has caught up with the previous two.

Don't bother, it was awful, nowhere near the standard of the first two, especially the first one Before Sunrise.

Too many infantile penis/sex jokes for a start, plus...

A couple arguing for the whole film is not my idea of fun

Edited by ender4

Â