The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

34 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Both high on my list @BOF

Particularly looking forward to Late Night with the Devil. Love a bit of David Dastmalchian.

He has to be the most uncomfortable looking actor ever. He just looks like a bad guy. Constantly. 

He’s a great actor but I feel like he could get roles just based on the fact he’s the most baddie looking actor ever

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

He has to be the most uncomfortable looking actor ever. He just looks like a bad guy. Constantly. 
He’s a great actor but I feel like he could get roles just based on the fact he’s the most baddie looking actor ever

Christopher Walken says 'Hi'. 

spacer.png

It's...ok i suppose.

i agree with many of the reviews that mention the film throws way too many characters and half realised storylines into the mix. I think if you're a fan of the franchise (I am) then you'll be entertained for most part (it's certainly never boring) but I hope if there's a next movie then it's way more streamlined and concentrates on the new characters.

• Like 1

The quicker the Prometheus and Covenant "storylines" can get whatever the retcon equivalent of ejected out of a **** airlock is, the better.  I hold only AvP2 in less regard (that being the undisputable nadir of the series).

Álvarez has at least been saying the right things to pique my curiosity on Romulus (particularly around having brought in the OG Stan Winston guys to consult on the practical effects side).  What I am hoping for is a stripped back, standalone piece that keeps the spirit of the original films without being beholden to them (essential doing what Prey did).  What worries me is hearing how involved Scott and Cameron have been in alleged service of the "wider mythos"... it's Alien for Christ's sake, not the Bayeux **** Tapestry.

Doesn't help that after the Zygote short, I'm back to being angry that we'll never get Blomkamp's film.  Thanks Ridley, you ruddy melt.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

I'm halfway through American Fiction. Hilarious with a genuine pathos. Jeffrey Wright has to be one of the finest actor's we have today. 

I didn’t connect with that movie too much, but Wright’s performance was excellent

There are no doubt exceptions but in general I kinda hate the "this story or character is popular - let's invent a origin story for it and make a movie out of that"

It was a tossup between this and Ghostbusters. Glad I made the correct choice by the looks of it. Sweeney is excellent. Nothing particularly new but a few twists and some genuine scare moments.

I do like a demonic convent Nun film

image.jpeg

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

It was a tossup between this and Ghostbusters. Glad I made the correct choice by the looks of it. Sweeney is excellent. Nothing particularly new but a few twists and some genuine scare moments.

image.jpeg

Seeing this tomorrow. Very much looking forward to it :thumb:

• Like 1

On 24/03/2024 at 16:15, Follyfoot said:

image.jpeg

Saw it earlier. Completely agree with your assessment (especially about S.Sweeney being excellent). Very atmospheric and unsettling and they managed to land the ending which is always nice.

Spoiler

That last couple of minutes...**** me 😮

• Like 1

On 20/03/2024 at 13:21, sne said:

On 12/03/2024 at 11:50, Designer1 said:

Just leave the classics alone you creatively barren ****wits.

Copy and paste re: Hollywood.

Watched “Youngblood “ again at the weekend, first time in decades. Still a decent watch, small part for a very young Keanu Reeves.

10 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Watched “Youngblood “ again at the weekend, first time in decades. Still a decent watch, small part for a very young Keanu Reeves.

"The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill." (Plus Cynthia Gibb :wub:)

yJCETEi.jpeg

• Like 1

Cautiously optimistic about Timothée Chalamet's take on Bob Dylan (A Complete Unknown). Early teaser clips look good. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Cautiously optimistic about Timothée Chalamet's take on Bob Dylan (A Complete Unknown). Early teaser clips look good. 

Hopefully as good as I'm Not There which I really enjoyed.

• Like 1

Â