The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Just now, Risso said:

You wouldn't normally put a jus on fish and chips either. :)

*in that smug-sounding woman's voice* "...has served a fillet of Gadus encased in a golden crumb, served with a Northern pea guacamole and twice-cooked chips."

• Like 1

Somewhat belatedly, I corrected an absence and watched This Is Spinal Tap ( on the iplayer atm ). God it's **** hilarious :D  Not sure how I've managed to miss it, given musical interests, university years etc, but there we go. Just such a perfect mockumentary

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Somewhat belatedly, I corrected an absence and watched This Is Spinal Tap ( on the iplayer atm ). God it's **** hilarious :D  Not sure how I've managed to miss it, given musical interests, university years etc, but there we go. Just such a perfect mockumentary

If you liked Tap, I recommend any of the other Christopher Guest mockumentaries.

Best in Show is a particular favourite of mine but they are all good 👍 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Just back from this...

spacer.png

Yep, good fun.

Has a wickedly dark sense of humour and there's no pretension about it being anything other than a bit of OTT entertainment. 

Was thinking of taking the lad to see this, is it a bit Chuckyesque ? 

20 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Was thinking of taking the lad to see this, is it a bit Chuckyesque ? 

Yeah, there's definitely elements of Child's Play (especially the remake).

Edited by Designer1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Designer1 said:

Yeah, there's definitely elements of Chucky (especially the remake).

Brilliant, the lad will love it, obsessed with dolls and the like in horror films 👍

• Like 1

Watched King Richard, don't even like tennis but I'm not sure you need to, it's a good film, Smith is superb, he plays an absolutely detestable prick which seeing as the sisters are producers I'm guessing they consider him to be accurate, never malicious but so unbelievably unlikeable, suppose it worked out alright at the end

Do wonder how in character Smith got and what kind of strain that must have put on him playing and living with that personality which then makes the Oscars make more sense, both in that he won and that he lost his shit, to be fair to him he's got chops and some great films on his CV... He just then has some utterly bizarre films on there too, he's not the blockbuster actor that he should be, when he dips in to a brain at the door action film it seems to be gemini man or after earth whereas he should have a major franchise to his name but that's obviously not going to happen now

tumblr_pad3hvK1pL1qa3emao2_540.gifv

The Little Girl Who Sold The Sun (Djibril Diop Mambéty) -  Nice film, enjoyed it.

tumblr_nw5joj44ze1s39hlao9_540.pnj

Portrait of a Young Girl at the End of the 60s in Brussels (Chantal Akerman) -  Good.

f304995de0136e14cdddca6b927dfdc525c8430e

The Koumiko Mystery (Chris Marker) - Well put together, fascinating thoughts, enjoyable.

Edited by useless

Â