The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

32 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

Just watched The King's Man (not by choice). Dreadful. 

Disappointing to hear but not surprised.

The first one was great (currently watching that with my lad), the second had its moments so to hear the third is continuing the downward slide is not shocking. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Disappointing to hear but not surprised.

The first one was great (currently watching that with my lad), the second had its moments so to hear the third is continuing the downward slide is not shocking. 

Saw the new one a few weeks ago at the flicks. As I said in this thread, one of the worst things I've seen for ages.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Saw the new one a few weeks ago at the flicks. As I said in this thread, one of the worst things I've seen for ages.

Just now, Phil Silvers said:

Seen the King's man too, one highlight, just one, Rhys Ifans over the top Rasputin, especially the dance fight sequence. The rest was tosh.

As it’s now on Disney+ I’ll probably endure it and then curse myself for not listening 😂 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

As it’s now on Disney+ I’ll probably endure it and then curse myself for not listening 😂 

4 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I really like the previous 2 Kingsmen films, I will watch the new one but disappointed it's considered bad. 

It's watchable but too silly really. Got through it ok and found a few bits ok but it's not a good film.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

The lad wants to watch a decent horror this evening, looking at the Unholy with the Negan fella, worth a watch?

I thought it was pony. I watched a decent one the other day on Amazon called the Dark & the wicked.

speaking of horrors just seen this trailer for Jordan Peele’s (Get Out) new one coming out. No idea what its about but looks interesting

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

I thought it was pony. I watched a decent one the other day on Amazon called the Dark & the wicked.

speaking of horrors just seen this trailer for Jordan Peele’s (Get Out) new one coming out. No idea what its about but looks interesting

👍 Dodged a bullet then by the looks of it

Loved the dark and the wicked.

Spoiler

Love the ending where he killed his wife and children after the apparition. One of my top five horror films in the last few years I’m glad that somebody else enjoyed it

• Like 1

coda-movie.jpg?resize=1200,628&quality=8

Saw this last night.

It's good, but falls short of being great, imo. Very feel good and uplifting, and I like the theme/concept, but it's missing something to put it on the same level as some of the other Best Picture nominees this year.

That being said there was one scene in particular that I thought was brilliant, had me in tears.

Worth a watch.

15 hours ago, Meath_Villan said:

Nightmare alley .......megh .........3.5/10

I was watching this last night and about 45 mins from the end I had a power cut. I wasn't enjoying it at all so I doubt I'll ever finish it

On 11/02/2022 at 16:29, MakemineVanilla said:

Films I've watched recently:

Joker: loved it and hadn't laughed so much in ages.

Parasite: beautifully shot, some incidental insights into Korean society, but too long and an inexplicable climax.

Moonlight: Kermode made this his film of the decade, or some such, but it never quite fulfilled its early promise.

Heat (1995): Another bloated over-long behemoth, De Niro and Pacino, competing for the over-acting medal. The pace was constantly dissipated by too much stuff about relationships. Val Kilmer looked like he was wearing a wig.

We can't be friends

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Bizzzle said:

I was watching this last night and about 45 mins from the end I had a power cut. I wasn't enjoying it at all so I doubt I'll ever finish it

3 hours ago, Meath_Villan said:

Yeah you won't miss much 😂

I thought it was terrific - went to see it twice at the flicks recently.

Â