The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Quite enjoyed The Equalizer with Denzel. Was looking forward to The Equalizer 2 which I just watched.

Wow what a hot mess. It's all over the place. Nonsensical script that feels more meaningless the longer the movie goes on. I don't think I'll see a worse movie in a long time. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Quite enjoyed The Equalizer with Denzel. Was looking forward to The Equalizer 2 which I just watched.

Wow what a hot mess. It's all over the place. Nonsensical script that feels more meaningless the longer the movie goes on. I don't think I'll see a worse movie in a long time. 

Agree with this. Watched both films for the first time about a month ago and feel exactly the same about them. Really good first film but horrible second film. 

• Like 1

Just now, ferguson1 said:

Agree with this. Watched both films for the first time about a month ago and feel exactly the same about them. Really good first film but horrible second film. 

8 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I thought the first one was terrible so lord knows how bad the second one must be 😄

• Haha 1

Gran Torino (13 years old now! Wtf!) followed by The Great Outdoors. Two stone cold 10/10 films in complete contrast to each other. Great nights viewing on itv4 tonight. Great Outdoors makes me feel warm and nostalgic. 

• Like 2

Raging Fire just came out and unless anything gets released posthumously is the last directorial outing of Benny Chan, it's just a perfectly executed Hong Kong action ride and one of the most fun movies I have seen in a long time. Donny Yen is pretty much the GOAT at these films and is amazing in this as well, story is a bit barebones but thats not really what you watch these movies for. 9/10

19 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Did the films equal each other out?

spacer.png

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Boss Level, enjoyable hour and a half, been done before and better but Frank Grillo keeps it moving fast enough, solid 7/10

I've got this i my watch list. Frank Grillio is fantastic in the TV series Kingdom, well worth checking out.

• Like 2

Just finished watching Richard Jewell. Based on a true story about the 1996 Olympic Park bombing and the FBI focus on him. Directed by Clint Eastwood you know you're getting a solidly made film. Some really good performances from Kathy Bates and Paul Walter Hauser, supported by Sam Rockwell, Olivia Wilde, Jon Hamm. I'd recommend it. I may have had a tear or two. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

Just finished watching Richard Jewell. Based on a true story about the 1996 Olympic Park bombing and the FBI focus on him. Directed by Clint Eastwood you know you're getting a solidly made film. Some really good performances from Kathy Bates and Paul Walter Hauser, supported by Sam Rockwell, Olivia Wilde, Jon Hamm. I'd recommend it. I may have had a tear or two. 

Amazing true story and not a bad film adaptation.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wezbid said:

great movie but a  horrible true story of trying to find an easy target

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Going to revisit Safety Not Guaranteed tonight (Colin Treverrow before he did those dino movies and got famous) and No Man of God, the new Ted Bundy (great lad) film which has just hit the open seas.

Safety Not Guaranteed is **** ace!

• Like 1

No Man Of God. Wow. Wow. Tense, disturbing, brilliant. Oscar for Bundy. The first half is like Manhunter the movie, the second is different but more 1-1 dialogue scenes getting more intense.

The worst part is that it's really hard to get past how much Elijah Wood looks like Mark Crorigan.

Edited by fightoffyour

Free Guy was very entertaining. It is summery daft fun but pretty clever with the gags and some of the nods to gaming really did crack me up, plus there's a glorious - and brief - cameo towards the end too. 

Safety Not Guaranteed. Wow. Wow. It has aged very well. Touching and hilarious from one scene to the next, bouncing perfectly between characters and scenes to achieve that effect, all the while suspense building to the big conclusion - can he or can't he really? This film packs a hell of a lot of emotion and comedy into a 1 hour 20 running time that you don't see often these days. I've taken shits for longer that! Go and watch this movie, I implore you. It's a 10/10 for me.

• Like 1

Â