The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Watched Tenet last night.

While I am usually a fan of Nolan's work I just could not get into this at all and felt disappointed in the end.

5/10

Edited by Big Salad

54 minutes ago, Big Salad said:

While I am usually a fan of Nolan's work I just could not get into this at all and felt disappointed in the end.

5/10

Shocking awful film. I would've enjoyed 2 hours of white noise more.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

@AJ, you been kicking off in on topic again?

Not likely, mate.

If there was such a thread, it would be so small, it would more likely resemble lint.

• Like 1

Pocahontas - working my way through disney+ still, I think this is the last "big" Disney cartoon that I hadn't seen before, it was pretty shit if I'm honest, a lot of it feels forced and rushed with no character development, it's not got anything in particular that works well, no Disney charm and some instantly forgettable songs that do nothing, ultimately its boring 

Along came a spider - was between this or jack reacher as I've bought my gran a book of each for Xmas and my wife doesn't know who they are, I've got a memory of this and kiss the girls both being good films...it hasn't aged well, it was also shit, also had a weird thing that I've never noticed before - it's flooded with background noise making it hard to hear, scene in a kitchen with 2 characters had crickets, a dog barking and a police car, several scenes have pounding rain, a car scene had engine noises and the stereo playing, its bizarre 

1 minute ago, Seat68 said:

Watched the 2000 version of Charlies Angels today. Not the first time, or the last. I could easily live with just those first 2 rebooted Charlies Angels films and the Chelsea Dagger video. 

Love the song to the 2000 film as well

I watched Operation Finale the other day

few bits of artistic licence but I though Ben Kingsley  played Eichmann very well, he made you almost believe  Eichmann was human, and he temporarily drew you into a more sympathetic light for the person than you'd have otherwise expected , definitely worth a watch

Edited by tonyh29

Just back from Wonder Woman 1984 .... meh

the first one kinda came  out of nowhere a la Iron Man and was far better than expected  , this one spent far to long setting up the final act and left you feeling a bit bored , .... the fan boys may have better ideas and inform me that she could in the comics but suddenly Wonder Woman can  turn things invisible and also produce  JP-1A out of thin air to allow a fighter plan to fly USA to Egypt and back on one tank ... as a film there’s only so much that Gal Godots legs can distract you from and even they couldn’t save this film 

On 12/12/2020 at 23:24, Big Salad said:

5/10

Also watched it yesterday, some good action scenes, obviously well filmed. Wasn’t interested in what was going on.

• Like 1

On 12/12/2020 at 23:24, Big Salad said:

5/10

I watched this on Tuesday.

Good in parts. I really liked the concept, something I'd never seen before.

But for most of it I honestly had no idea what was going on. Literally felt like a movie of random set pieces thrown together. not helped by the fact that Nolan seems to be as obsessed with masks as Tarantino is with feet so I couldn't understand half of what anyone was saying.

I wouldn't say I didn't enjoy it, and I know movies shouldn't spoon feed you the plot, but I think having a vague idea of what was going on would have made it far more enjoyable. I honestly couldn't even tell you what they were all trying to achieve in the movie. 

• Like 1

Watched shazam! Last night, I'm not that film target audience obviously so I found it a bit shit, not so much the daftness of it all more the on the nose family stuff that didn't work for me, its a shame that Mark strong didn't play a villain that made it look like he was having fun with it too, the whole thing is daft apart from him 

Just back from watching Wonder Woman 84

I'm not sure I miss the whole cinema experience of sharing an auditorium with idiots, buying incredibly overpriced food and being uncomfortable for 3 hours.

But. It was a really good film. I don't like any of the superhero stuff other than the better MCU films. The first WW didn't really grab me. But this one is great. Only some minor quibbles about inconsistent physics.

Pedro Pascal is absolutely superb. The storyline is consistent, makes sense and it's overall an enjoyable watch.

3 minutes ago, darrenm said:

Just back from watching Wonder Woman 84

I'm not sure I miss the whole cinema experience of sharing an auditorium with idiots, buying incredibly overpriced food and being uncomfortable for 3 hours.

But. It was a really good film. I don't like any of the superhero stuff other than the better MCU films. The first WW didn't really grab me. But this one is great. Only some minor quibbles about inconsistent physics.

Pedro Pascal is absolutely superb. The storyline is consistent, makes sense and it's overall an enjoyable watch.

She helps watching it a hell of a lot easier, would suck the farts out of her arse 😍

• Shocked 1

Just now, Follyfoot said:

She helps watching it a hell of a lot easier, would suck the farts out of her arse 😍

I didn't want to bring the tone down, but yeah even if it's crap Gadot is a very pleasant watch.

Â