The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

For those who like a more ponderous, quiet western - I’d recommend Slow West on Film4 tonight at 1240am (well, officially Sunday morning!)

great cast including Michael Fassbender and Ben Mendelsohn. 

Edited by theboyangel
  • Like 2

On 22/05/2020 at 09:38, stuart_75 said:

I thought The Force Awakens was the best of the latest 3. The last two films being absolute dog shite (and I consider myself a Star Wars fan boy)

Yep, not sure why it copped so much flak for ripping off a new hope, it was a good film and set everything up nicely... Then they chucked it all in the bin 

• Like 3

The Passion of Joan of Arc
Babe
Through A Glass Darkly
Why Don't You Play in Hell?
My Man Godfrey (1936)
A Matter of Life and Death

Enjoyed them all

Edited by useless

Blood Machines was fun. As a movie it's not great, but as a extended music video for Carpenter Brut it's fantastic.

Grindhouse type sci-fi with vivid neon colors and 80's style synth music. And bewbs.

Blood Machines (2019)

Edited by sne
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Blood Machines was fun. As a movie it's not great, but as a extended music video for Carpenter Brut it's fantastic.

Grindhouse type sci-fi with vivid neon colors and 80's style synth music. And bewbs.

Blood Machines (2019)

Thanks for the tip! I love that aggressive, 80's-esque darkwave music. Carpenter Brut is great, Daniel Deluxe, Dan Terminus, Perturbator, VHS Glitch, Mega Drive, Fixions, Dance With the Dead etc. Can't get enough of it and it was why I got a midi controller, FL Studio and synth plug-ins. Been struggling for time to write/learn how everything works but I'm determined to get a few songs out this year. Might give this a watch later if the other half crashes out on the sofa.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sne said:

Blood Machines (2019)

What did you watch this on? I've tried Netflix, my dodgy app and then Amazon but Amazon is only showing up a series for me. 

4 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

What did you watch this on? I've tried Netflix, my dodgy app and then Amazon but Amazon is only showing up a series for me. 

Best Michael Bolton Jack Sparrow GIFs | Gfycat

Edit: Yeah I saw it as a 3 part series but it's listed as a film 

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Wezbid said:

Thanks for the tip! I love that aggressive, 80's-esque darkwave music. Carpenter Brut is great, Daniel Deluxe, Dan Terminus, Perturbator, VHS Glitch, Mega Drive, Fixions, Dance With the Dead etc. Can't get enough of it and it was why I got a midi controller, FL Studio and synth plug-ins. Been struggling for time to write/learn how everything works but I'm determined to get a few songs out this year. Might give this a watch later if the other half crashes out on the sofa.

Here is the OST in full on Youtube

• Like 1

Just watched 80's classic Threads.

Now there is a chipper feel good movie for the whole family. U know it's bad when The Road seem like a National Lampoons movie in comparison. 

Was decades since I watched it the last time and it was even grimmer than I remembered. Change nuclear annihilation to a pandemic and it's not too far from a worst case scenario of what we could have had now.

A must watch for anyone who want's to feel even more miserable.

Threads (1984)

Â