The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Man I just found Baseketball with the guys from South Park on Netflix.  Takes me back to my secondary school days, I remember thinking it was the funniest film I'd ever seen at the time.  It's a bit shit watching it again but still worth it for the nostalgia.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Man I just found Baseketball with the guys from South Park on Netflix.  Takes me back to my secondary school days, I remember thinking it was the funniest film I'd ever seen at the time.  It's a bit shit watching it again but still worth it for the nostalgia.

Worth watching for that intro scene of the various franchises (clubs) moving from town to town alone.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

I loved Kentucky Fried Movie and History of the World Part 1 as a kid. I watched them both again recently. Utter dogshit. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

No it’s not like horse! Pfft!!!

34 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

@rjw63 - what did you think of "Love and Mercy"? 

I thought it was great, although I'd not have cast Cusack. Simply because he doesn't look like Brian. Alan Ruck or Jeff Bridges...but I suppose they were too old.

@rjw63

I quite liked it too especially as a Beach Boys fan myself, quite a troublesome time for Brian Wilson.

Could be wrong but I think Summer Dreams: The Story of the Beach Boys (1990) is decent too, if it's the movie I'm thinking of there is good fairly accurate focus on Dennis Wilson too.

10 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

@rjw63

I quite liked it too especially as a Beach Boys fan myself, quite a troublesome time for Brian Wilson.

Could be wrong but I think Summer Dreams: The Story of the Beach Boys (1990) is decent too, if it's the movie I'm thinking of there is good fairly accurate focus on Dennis Wilson too.

Yeah there's a couple of TV movies but they both gloss over way too much stuff. You'd need a six part docu to cover this band.

And one of them had very silly beards :)

3 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Yeah there's a couple of TV movies but they both gloss over way too much stuff. You'd need a six part docu to cover this band.

And one of them had very silly beards :)

Probably Mike Love, he was silly and a complete a**

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

I thought it was great, although I'd not have cast Cusack. Simply because he doesn't look like Brian. Alan Ruck or Jeff Bridges...but I suppose they were too old.

Yeah, exactly what I thought.

2036 Origin Unknown on Netflix..........I defy anyone to watch this and be able to tell me what the fudge is going on...........

Probably the very worst film I have seen in the last 12 months by a good margin.

sounds like Apple are willing to finance Scorsese's next film, $200m budget killers of the flower moon: the osage murders and the birth of the FBI, set in 1920 Oklahoma about the murder of native americans after the discovery of oil under their land starring di caprio and de niro, cinematographer did brokeback mountain

Image result for Shut Up And Take My money

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

sounds like Apple are willing to finance Scorsese's next film, $200m budget killers of the flower moon: the osage murders and the birth of the FBI, set in 1920 Oklahoma about the murder of native americans after the discovery of oil under their land starring di caprio and de niro, cinematographer did brokeback mountain

Image result for Shut Up And Take My money

Yep, sounds good to me (just please cast De Niro as an old man this time!).

4 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Looked at Spike Lee's Summer of Sam film from 1999 for the first time there, probably short of a masterpiece but hugely underated all the same.

Cracking film, Adrien Brody was ace in it. 

• Like 1

Avengement (2019)

Do not know where to start with this, full of laverly diamond geezers and ex Eastenders and also probably the most violent film I have watched in years but a cut above most of the genre. Also found out Adkins is one of our own which I did not know and hails from Sutton Coldfield, not that you would know from this because he is a geezer, a right fackin geezer, you slaaag, you caaaant.....................

• Like 1

Â