The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

26 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Parasite and Jojo rabbit were the films of the year for me.

Found 1917 ok but didn't connect with the characters and it fell gimmicky and the joins were obvious. 

I didn't think the joins were obvious.

I did think there was quite a big plot hole though, although I may have misunderstood something.

1 hour ago, Phil Silvers said:

Parasite and Jojo rabbit were the films of the year for me.

Found 1917 ok but didn't connect with the characters and it fell gimmicky and the joins were obvious. 

Trouble with 1917  along with the countless plot holes , was it was all just a  bit too convenient  ... it was like an adventure game on the computer , find a bucket of cows milk  , fill container with cows milk cause you never know it might just come in handy later ,  maybe I'm being a bit picky though  ....

I haven't seen Parasite , but with that caveat  ,  Jo Jo rabbit should have won best film imo

the out takes for Jo Jo are quite amusing as well .. Stephen Merchant casually dropping in "if Sam can win an Oscar then anyone can "  , looked like the cast were having great fun with each other

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

it was like an adventure game on the computer , find a bucket of cows milk  , fill container with cows milk cause you never know it might just come in handy later ,  maybe I'm being a bit picky though  ....

I never found a use for my 150 sweetrolls 😢

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

Trouble with 1917  along with the countless plot holes , was it was all just a  bit too convenient  ... it was like an adventure game on the computer , find a bucket of cows milk  , fill container with cows milk cause you never know it might just come in handy later ,  maybe I'm being a bit picky though  ....

I haven't seen Parasite , but with that caveat  ,  Jo Jo rabbit should have won best film imo

the out takes for Jo Jo are quite amusing as well .. Stephen Merchant casually dropping in "if Sam can win an Oscar then anyone can "  , looked like the cast were having great fun with each other

Drop everything, make time to watch parasite today, its special, very very special.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

If anyone fancies some more korean cinema after watching parasite there are 100+ movies on youtube completely free & legal as part of the Korean Film Archive

couldn't get the search button to work to see if it's on their or not  , but Joint Security Area (or J.S.A  as it's often referred to ) is quite a good Korean film 

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Tae guk gi is a great film

I seem to remember the good the bad and the weird being a fun film too

And obviously the vengeance trilogy and snowpiercer 

Snowpiercer is on Film 4 right now for anyone feeling in the mood for it.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Tae guk gi is a great film

I seem to remember the good the bad and the weird being a fun film too

And obviously the vengeance trilogy and snowpiercer 

Good the bad and the weird is great.  

Ajeossi is a good action film too.  Had a bit of a man  crush on Won Bin.

It's got alright reviews too

Another one where there's just no demand for it, no doubt there will be some feminist guff thrown at it but in reality suicide squad was that bad that any attempt at another film would flop badly too, a will Smith dead shot film would also get shit numbers 

15 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Birds of Prey seems to be having its title changed to 'Harley Quinn: Birds of Prey'. I'm sure this has nothing to do with the fact it's been soaring up the box office like a brick.

When I was at the Cinema on Sunday the poster said something like "Birds of Prey and the Fantabulous Emancipation of Harley Quinn"

Â