The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

The Exorcist 3!? Really Gareth!? Really!? :lol:

I think Exorcist 3 is a great horror movie. Relies heavily on suggestion and atmosphere rather than out and out gore, and by doing so it creates a great sense of foreboding and tension. George C Scott and Brad Douriff are excellent in it, and a couple of the scenes (the old woman on the ceiling, the infamous 'sheers' scene) are really top notch.

I have Mulholland Drive planned for tonight, one of those films I've had enough friends bang on about, but equally, the kind of film I worry I'll entirely miss the point and be bored or confused over ala Lost in Translation.

It's not ridiculously difficult to follow actually, it's basically a two sided story. It's not quite as straight forward as 'The Straight Story' but it's certainly not as totally out there as Inland Empire. Lynch at his best imo.

Nobody else seen the film i mentioned on the previous page "The Hunted" with christopher lambert? Great film imo

doom.gif

christopher lambert

Great film

:wow:

Though I'll give you Highlander and maybe Fortress.

Mortal Kombat is a classic film :D

I think Exorcist 3 is a great horror movie. Relies heavily on suggestion and atmosphere rather than out and out gore, and by doing so it creates a great sense of foreboding and tension. George C Scott and Brad Douriff are excellent in it, and a couple of the scenes (the old woman on the ceiling, the infamous 'sheers' scene) are really top notch.

Agreed. I like it. It probably doesn't belong in the Exorcist family of horrors but on it's own it's a good horror flick.

I have Mulholland Drive planned for tonight, one of those films I've had enough friends bang on about, but equally, the kind of film I worry I'll entirely miss the point and be bored or confused over ala Lost in Translation.

Worth watching justv for Laura Harring

laura-harring-feet-4.jpg

It's not ridiculously difficult to follow actually, it's basically a two sided story. It's not quite as straight forward as 'The Straight Story' but it's certainly not as totally out there as Inland Empire. Lynch at his best imo.

Just finishing watching it now.

Can confirm i hate and will forcing myself to admit I must be a thicko.

Shame really, after being unsure for 20 minutes I was drawn in and was really enjoying where it was going and then around about the time of some late night traipsing for some spanish warbling I think I must have lost attention because it then all changed again, and then sank in the feeling of "oh ****, the git didn't just... oh damn, now I'm confused and irritated."

I think directors like David Lynch just aren't my cup of tea at all. Just too weird. Same reason why I hate The Mighty Boosh. Self indulgence.

Still, one down in the list of films I've had for ages before seeing, will trust that Goodfellas will be a more straight forward affair at least in expectations of what's going on!

Submarine-Film-Poster7.jpg

Rather sweet

Went to see this today - Absolutely loved it. Massively recommended.

Just got back from a day-trip to London to watch this. Fantastic, absolutely fantastic.

"My mum gave a hand-job to a mystic!"

Agreed. I like it. It probably doesn't belong in the Exorcist family of horrors but on it's own it's a good horror flick.

So, one to try and get, then. Don't think I've seen it. Or maybe I have. Anyway, yesterday I realised there's a new Exorcist movie now. "The last exorcism", or something like thast. Anyone seen it? It can't be good, surely?

Saw "Unstoppable" yesterday. It got bad reviews and I guess most on here doesn't like it, but I thought it was good. Ok, it's the quite ordinary hero movie, but still a good one. And Denzel is always good.

Saw "Unstoppable" yesterday. It got bad reviews and I guess most on here doesn't like it, but I thought it was good. Ok, it's the quite ordinary hero movie, but still a good one. And Denzel is always good.

I thought it was great fun to be honest mate and it certainly didn't get many bad reviews (currently on 87% on RT which is very, very positive).

I thought it was great fun to be honest mate and it certainly didn't get many bad reviews (currently on 87% on RT which is very, very positive).

I thought it was alright, but just very average.

There never really felt as though there was any actual danger.

Â