The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Watched Tropic Thunder yesterday again.... Haven't watched it in a while, a great film, Robert Downey Jnr is brilliant in it. And Tom Cruise tbf.

Oh and Timberlake was very, very good in the film, really surprised me with his performance.

Fans of Timberlake in this film should check out Alpha Dog, hes pretty good in that to be fair aswell.

Definitely recommend that film for people who havent seen it.

Oh and Timberlake was very, very good in the film, really surprised me with his performance.

Fans of Timberlake in this film should check out Alpha Dog, hes pretty good in that to be fair aswell.

I will agree that Alpha Dog is a brilliant film. TBF Timberlake isnt a bad actor.

My shout for today is Gran Tourino, i love Clint Eastwood so i am bias, but putting that to one side it really is a masterpiece.

This weekend I've seen

Social Network

RED

Limitless

True Grit

True Grit was great. Bridges is class

:thumb: Bridges is a fine actor. Matt Damon was good in that as well, best actor in that is that lass, she was fantastic.

Saw "Unstoppable" yesterday. It got bad reviews and I guess most on here doesn't like it, but I thought it was good. Ok, it's the quite ordinary hero movie, but still a good one. And Denzel is always good.

I thought it was great fun to be honest mate and it certainly didn't get many bad reviews (currently on 87% on RT which is very, very positive).

I thought it was alright, but just very average.

There never really felt as though there was any actual danger.

For some reason me and my friend had got it that it got really bad reviews. Which maybe helped us to think that it was better than we would've if we thought it had got good reviews. :)

[a little spoiler alert]In the beginning I thought it was going to be mostly about it running towards the train with all the kids. Glad it wasn't. [/spoiler alert]

Enjoyed it.

Saw Predator 1 & 2 yesterday and today. I like them. :)

Saw Predator 1 & 2 yesterday and today. I like them. :)

That stuff'll make you a goddamned sexual Tyrannosaurus; just like me.

:nod: And I'm damn proud of it.

Mind you, it wasn't the first time I saw them before people start to wonder where I've been all my life. :P

I will agree that Alpha Dog is a brilliant film. TBF Timberlake isnt a bad actor.

My shout for today is Gran Tourino, i love Clint Eastwood so i am bias, but putting that to one side it really is a masterpiece.

Gran Torino is superb.

i watched gran torino again last night, still amazed it got nothing at the main awards, noticed the priest playing a larger role than i had the 1st time i watched it

and whoever liked oldboy check out the sympathy for mr/mrs vengence films too

3 boyhood friends, penn is a bit of a gangster whose daughter goes missing, robbins plays a normalish bloke who is a bit shifty (with good reason) and the other bloke who ends up being a cop, all 3 investigate it in their own way

very good film

Sounds good, just having a look and you can get it cheap of the net so i think i will give it a go.

Im toying with Invictus also, worth a watch?

Has anyone seen the 2 back-to-back films Clint directed, Flags Of Our Fathers & Letters From Iwo Jima?

Im toying with Invictus also, worth a watch?

Has anyone seen the 2 back-to-back films Clint directed, Flags Of Our Fathers & Letters From Iwo Jima?

invictus is ok, didnt tell me enough personally they didnt bog it down with history or with rugby, the security team stuff was interesting but other than that its pretty much what you expect, everyone loves NM and the tournament brought the country together

as for the 2 clint films, flags of our fathers is pretty shit the book is better but letters from iwo jima is an excellent film

Yep, I feel the same. Flags of Our Fathers was ok, but nothing special.

Letters from Iwo Jima was by far the best of the two, and a very good film in it's own right.

Â