The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Its a little crap but I like The 'Burbs, I think its the kind of place I'd like to live :)

Are you talking about 'The Burbs' with Tom Hanks? Because that movie is hilarious!!!!

I find that I always enjoy animated films :) except the old Disney ones (i.e. pre-2000)

Huh?

Aladdin, The Lion King, Jungle Book, Toy Story, Beauty And The Beast...

Yep, never really enjoyed them (apart from Toy Story, my bad).

Its a little crap but I like The 'Burbs, I think its the kind of place I'd like to live :)

Are you talking about 'The Burbs' with Tom Hanks? Because that movie is hilarious!!!!

That's the one! :thumb:

I don't like the style of animation Fantastic Mr. Fox is made in. It looks tacky and shit.

Plus I'm a massive fan of the book as i read and re-read it growing up. So the film will never do it justice IME.

Watched "Morning Glory" on Saturday with the Mrs. About a morning TV show (Like Daybreak) which needs a audience boost or they cut the show.

OK, it's a birds film in reality but Harrison Ford and Dianne Keaton are in it so I gave it a whirl.

Not bad at all, 7 out of 10 and at least made me laugh out loud a few times.

I think it's a shame that virtually all the Roald Dahl stories had to be "Americanized" for the films. That said, I thought Matilda WAS brilliant, and Mr & Mrs DeVito nailed it perfectly.

I think it's a shame that virtually all the Roald Dahl stories had to be "Americanized" for the films. That said, I thought Matilda WAS brilliant, and Mr & Mrs DeVito nailed it perfectly.

Honestly, Mr Fox is good!

Everyone seems to have assumed on here that it's shit, without actually watching it.

It's a pretty good film.

^^^^I didn't think it would be shit. Just didn't have a desire to see it but ok Stevo, I will (eventually) give it a chance. But I get to smack you if I don't like it. :P

Honestly, Mr Fox is good!

Everyone seems to have assumed on here that it's shit, without actually watching it.

It's a pretty good film.

I went to see it at the cinema and thought it was very good. The only thing I didn't like was the American accents, as mentioned.

By the way, if any of you like animated films then '9' is worth a watch.

watched up the air yesterday, didnt really see the fuss, it was ok, not oscar nomination worthy though IMO you saw the twist coming from miles away while all the other twists that could have happened didnt plus the family angle they played at the sisters wedding didnt really impact that much

also watched jackass 3, same old jackass bit dull in places unwatchably distgusting in places and brilliantly funny in others and id bet that in you lined up 10 people and asked them which is which they'll all say different, preston taking a punt to the face made me laugh the loudest, i cant emphasise enough - **** that

also watched kick ass again, found it alot better 2nd time round

The Assasination of Richard Nixon

o.k., slow paced, Sean Penn, not the best film ever, but killed a couple of hours in the middle of the day.

Did you get that from Home Bargains? ;)

Well i did, and I agree :)

Â