The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

love sam neill the dude from jurassic park playing a more darker role than he's used

Never watched Omen 3?

Tend to stop watching movies after sequels only goes down hill from there alien 3 is an exception though

love sam neill the dude from jurassic park playing a more darker role than he's used

Never watched Omen 3?

Tend to stop watching movies after sequels only goes down hill from there alien 3 is an exception though

good choice the omen 3 is shocking

Event Horizon...brilliant film, twisted but brilliant.

Well, it's the only Paul W.S Anderson movie that hasn't made me vomit blood whilst watching it so I suppose that's something. :)

Great on Bluray love sam neill the dude from jurassic park playing a more darker role than he's used to fishburne is the shit as usual. Paul W.S Anderson is pure fail you can usually tell if its a Paul W.S Anderson movie without even knowing he was the director before hand watched death race the other night and could tell he made it and to think the bloke is banging Milla Jovovich as well the lucky bastard.

Milla-Jovovich_1.png

Ohhhhh gawd.

Never watched Omen 3?

Well, as he's playing the son of the devil I'd say he's actually not too averse to the darker roles. :D

Goes a bit bat-shit crazy at the end of Mouth Of Madness too.

An aside; Omen 3's like Exorcist 3; incredibly bad rep, but not actually that bad when you get into it.

exorcist 3 wasn't actually all that bad, william peter blatty actually wrote the book and the script for the film purely to set the record straight after the exorcist 2 (the heretic) which was fooking awful and he had nothing to do with

dont get me wrong it takes a complete different direction to the exorcist but it was ok man (book was good as well, its called legion if any one is interested)

the sce where the woman walks out of the door and the robed figure followes her with the surgical sheers was great

Watched "The Ghost" (aka "The Ghost Writer") last night.

Fell asleep and missed the whole denouement thing, but the wife tells me that Cherie Blair did it.

Need some help! As my username suggests i'm from Hereford. Now i'm taking the wife and her mum up to the NEC so that they can watch westlife on Friday. Need to kill nearl 5 hours so thought id watch a film. Went on Google and it seems that the Solihull Cineworld is the closest cinema but it seems like next to nothing is on? Anyone with a suggestion of another cinema or a film?

Try Vue at Star city. Its just down the m6 from there and has far more screens (thus choice).

Watched "The Ghost" (aka "The Ghost Writer") last night.

Fell asleep and missed the whole denouement thing, but the wife tells me that Cherie Blair did it.

i liked it, gf said it was close to the book but they changed the end which really pissed her off

ive got la haine to watch tonight, had a quick look on RT 1st film i can remember with 100% rating

ive got la haine to watch tonight, had a quick look on RT 1st film i can remember with 100% rating

La Haine is brilliant, and the reason I'll watch anything with Cassel or Kassovitz's names on it.

La Haine is brilliant, and the reason I'll watch anything with Cassel or Kassovitz's names on it.

I agree classic film. I know its not anything to the plot but that its in black and white really adds to it for me

Nobody else seen the film i mentioned on the previous page "The Hunted" with christopher lambert? Great film imo

doom.gif

christopher lambert

Great film

:wow:

Though I'll give you Highlander and maybe Fortress.

I have Mulholland Drive planned for tonight, one of those films I've had enough friends bang on about, but equally, the kind of film I worry I'll entirely miss the point and be bored or confused over ala Lost in Translation.

Was going to watch it last night but plumped for Band of Brothers instead .

I just kind of flicked over to it and said "I'll see what happens" :lol: I'll put his name on the banned list. As an aside wrt to my previous recommendation, what did you think of Waltz with Bashir, Desi?

Loved it Bri, thought provoking and stylistically gorgeous.

This is on on More4 at 10pm Tuesday night for anyone who hasn't seen it.

I'll definitely be watching.

Â