The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

On the topic of Jackass 3, I'd say out of all the 3D films I've watched, that is probably the only one where the 3D has actually enhanced the viewing experience.

i didnt watch it in 3D and it did piss me off that some of the scenes are blatantly made with 3D in mind, the final scene for example, 2-3 minutes long in slow mo with things flying about you can tell it would be ace in 3D but its a waste of time in 2D

I think it's a shame that virtually all the Roald Dahl stories had to be "Americanized" for the films. That said, I thought Matilda WAS brilliant, and Mr & Mrs DeVito nailed it perfectly.

Honestly, Mr Fox is good!

Everyone seems to have assumed on here that it's shit, without actually watching it.

It's a pretty good film.

It might be a good story etc but for me visually it looks shit. Annoyingly cheap shit. 'Look at me I'm really clever' trying too hard and failing kind of shit. And it has Clooney.

Just saw "Zodiac"....I liked it more than I thought I would. Very creepy....

Great film. The Directors Cut is a blu-ray must.

I've watched it a couple of times just for the atmosphere, the music and the look.

I think it's a shame that virtually all the Roald Dahl stories had to be "Americanized" for the films. That said, I thought Matilda WAS brilliant, and Mr & Mrs DeVito nailed it perfectly.

Honestly, Mr Fox is good!

Everyone seems to have assumed on here that it's shit, without actually watching it.

It's a pretty good film.

It might be a good story etc but for me visually it looks shit. Annoyingly cheap shit. 'Look at me I'm really clever' trying too hard and failing kind of shit. And it has Clooney.

:thumb:

I was only one when they first released Schindler's List. Just watched it on DVD, at times painful to watch but I'm very very glad I did.

Absolute classic and very, very touching.

Event Horizon...brilliant film, twisted but brilliant.

Well, it's the only Paul W.S Anderson movie that hasn't made me vomit blood whilst watching it so I suppose that's something. :)

Just watched a new film called Limitless, it's worth watching, but it leads you into thinking would you have done the same stuff he did given the abilities he did from taking this tablet...My answer would be no...I liked the change in character after he had taken the tablet though, that would fit perfectly into my life.

Storyline

A copywriter discovers a top-secret drug which bestows him with super human abilities. As his usage begins to change his life, he begins to consider the drug's shadowy origins; meanwhile, a group of killers trails his every move

Sucker Punch has quite a staggered release date according to IMDB .

April 1st for the UK but tomorrow for Argentina, Croatia , Hungary , Malaysia, Netherlands , Serbia , Singapore , Slovenia and Lilliput.

Heres one i recommend just watched it was originally out in 1995 it has christopher lambert in which is a bit of a downside but it also has Yakuza Ninja's and an awesome train scene great movie imo you have to suspend belief but if you like the whole asian honor thing with swords and lots of blood you will like it decided to watch it after playing to much shogun 2 total war.

The Hunted 1995.

Travlya-The-Hunted-1995-middle-5019.jpeg

Event Horizon...brilliant film, twisted but brilliant.

Well, it's the only Paul W.S Anderson movie that hasn't made me vomit blood whilst watching it so I suppose that's something. :)

Great on Bluray love sam neill the dude from jurassic park playing a more darker role than he's used to fishburne is the shit as usual. Paul W.S Anderson is pure fail you can usually tell if its a Paul W.S Anderson movie without even knowing he was the director before hand watched death race the other night and could tell he made it and to think the bloke is banging Milla Jovovich as well the lucky bastard.

Milla-Jovovich_1.png

Need some help! As my username suggests i'm from Hereford. Now i'm taking the wife and her mum up to the NEC so that they can watch westlife on Friday. Need to kill nearl 5 hours so thought id watch a film. Went on Google and it seems that the Solihull Cineworld is the closest cinema but it seems like next to nothing is on? Anyone with a suggestion of another cinema or a film?

Â