The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

One of his best...

Manhattan-poster01.jpg

Superb stuff, the dialogue is punchy and funny and the black and white cinematography is faultless, with some truly innovative camera work. Great, great movie.

Really good film. Speaking of Woody Allen, I thought this was rather good (despite mixed reviews):

whatever-works-poster.jpg

This is good too, even if you just want to0, and the lovely women help matters:

vicky_cristina_barcelona.jpg

They don't match his older films, yet they are worth a watch in my opinion.

Oh and off the Woody Allen topic, they had a screening of Yojimbo at FACT here in Liverpool a few months back. Filled in a brief questionnaire after it for a study they were carrying out or something.

Continuing my tradition of recommending quality, arty, thought provoking, high brow cinema masterpeices to be revered for decades, nay centuries to come.......

jackass-3d-bull-poster.jpg

thought it was brilliant. Not sure what that says about me but **** it, one of the best comedy films ever made.

Continuing my tradition of recommending quality, arty, thought provoking, high brow cinema masterpeices to be revered for decades, nay centuries to come.......

jackass-3d-bull-poster.jpg

thought it was brilliant. Not sure what that says about me but **** it, one of the best comedy films ever made.

Nothing wrong with a bit of Jackass. I went to the flicks to see it in 3D and laughed my bollox off at it. Sometimes you need a bit of mindless tat. :D

Agreed on Jackass. Thought it was funnier than the second, but not quite as good as the first.

I may be biased though, i watched the first at the cinema. It was completely full of people who all found it hilarious, plus we'd smuggled beers in so were gettign progressively tipsier.

I have literally never laughed as much as I did during that film. People were honestly rolling in the aisles.

It was probably the best trip to the cinema I've ever had.

One of his best...

Manhattan-poster01.jpg

Superb stuff, the dialogue is punchy and funny and the black and white cinematography is faultless, with some truly innovative camera work. Great, great movie.

Chapter 1 yadda yadda yadda. Beautiful film. He's quoting Kierkegaard and dating a 17 year-old. Life imitating art. Who else can write, direct and star in a film like him.

Â