The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

18 hours ago, Zatman said:

Have to say Blade Runner 2049 is the biggest load of shit I have seen in the cinema and that includes Michael Bay movies. plot is terrible, dialogue is awful and the only thing that made it half-tolerable was Ryan Gosling and his chemistry with Ford***

also maybe just me but Jared Leto really is an awful actor and doesnt bring anything to movies

Reveal hidden contents

*** pity Ford didnt turn up until about 2 hours into the movie

10 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Well, I couldn't disagree more - I thought it was absolutely brilliant. Obviously it was never going to have the impact that the original had in its day, but it recreated that 'world' to perfection. A worthy sequel, imo. 

And I believe there is going to be a Part Three. 

An almost universally praised film?

Almost guaranteed that Zatman will hate it :) 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

Re. Blade Runner 2049. There's a series of shorts that fill in a few details of the gap between the movies which are worth a watch.

Yeah, we watched them before going out to see the film. Not absolutely essential, but a nice little set up of the background story. 

I saw Blade Runner. It's a perfect sequel. I'm left feeling more or less the exact same way after seeing the original back in the day. It's a rare film that can bore and excite you in equal measure. Ultimately this sequel will be viewed as a classic too, but not before pissing a lot of people off.

• Like 1

It's the thing that me and my dad enjoyed watching together the most. For that reason I have been hesitant to go and see it as I don't want it to ruin the original. However, plenty of people have said that it's better than the first. Still scared to go tho!

On 08/10/2017 at 14:22, Chindie said:

I really like Cavill's Superman. It's a shame he's been given a lot of crap to work with.

Decent trailer though. I'm still convinced they've **** it up, and the fact they appear to be ditching the narrative this set up suggests they know it. But there's hints here it might be amongst the better stuff they've done. Hell, making Aquaman at all intriguing is a success in itself.

Watching this again, some of that CGI is absolutely dreadful. I mean Cyborg has looked bad from the get go, it's a really awful design done truly badly, but all the big CGI stuff is really awful. Steppenwolf looks atrocious. They've barely focused on him in the trailers seemingly because he looks so shit. You catch little glimpses in the action scenes and it's bad. But then other stuff is weak - those Batmobile shots do not look finished. That film comes out in a month. Even if this is made up of old footage it's still miles from the standard it should be.

Wind River.  I enjoyed that.  Probably the most I've enjoyed a Jeremy Renner performance too.  Went the whole film without knowing the female lead was an Olsen (but not the twins).

All in all a solid 8.5/10 for me.

WDBA

I’d have sat there and watched 3 hours of paint drying as long as Ana de Armas was present on screen next to it ....

was never really a fan of blade runner and the sequel was kinda a slow burn and getting to that meh stage ... and yet it never made it , somehow it wasn’t meh and turned out to be a rather decent effort ... not one you’d sit down on Sunday afternoon and watch as you nurse a hangover , but I’m sure it’d be worth a second viewing under the right circumstances 

10 hours ago, Xela said:

Working my way through US sports films. Next up was Draft Day

I liked it. Not as dry as I thought it would be. 7/10. 

220px-Draft_Day_poster.jpg

Watched it on a plane to somewhere followed by a Disney film with jon Hamm about Indian kids playing baseball which was also a decent 7/10

Day off sick today so it's documentary day

Capitalism : a love story by Michael Moore. Fascinating stuff

Then to provide some balance

The killing$ of Tony Blair. Very strange to watch a documentary and know all of the interviewees very well.

Also really interesting to see the parallels between the 2 documentaries and points they link. Tin hat time but we've all been played since the 70s

6 minutes ago, darrenm said:

Day off sick today so it's documentary day

Capitalism : a love story by Michael Moore. Fascinating stuff

Then to provide some balance

The killing$ of Tony Blair. Very strange to watch a documentary and know all of the interviewees very well.

Also really interesting to see the parallels between the 2 documentaries and points they link. Tin hat time but we've all been played since the 70s

Are they on netflix?

Â