The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

12 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Doesn't matter, they're both excellent.

I thought moonlight was boring if I'm honest...acting was good,  the mom was excellent but the story arc didn't really shock me or resonate with me in the way it seems to have done with critics 

4 hours ago, Xela said:

Forgot how funny this was. Saw it at the cinema when it was released and still makes me laugh hard now

Plus Shannon Elizabeth :wub:

Movie_poster_for_%22Scary_Movie%22.jpg

Yep. Back at a time where that kind of spoof movie was still funny.

There have been some absolutely shocking follow ups in the same vein.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yep. Back at a time where that kind of spoof movie was still funny.

There have been some absolutely shocking follow ups in the same vein.

Yeah it was a fresh idea back then but like you say, some awful follow ups. 

The movies it parodied (Scream,  I Know What You Did Last Summer) were fantastic movies in themselves. 

2 hours ago, Xela said:

Yeah it was a fresh idea back then but like you say, some awful follow ups. 

The movies it parodied (Scream,  I Know What You Did Last Summer) were fantastic movies in themselves. 

Mel Brooks says, hi. ;)

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Rodders said:

Manchester by the Sea - oof, what a powerful film, shame Casey Affleck is apparently quite weinstein or I'd be more happy about praising his performance in it. 

His brother not doing too great himself in media with similar stories

Thought Casey Affleck in MBTS was one of the best acting performances I’ve ever seen, absolutely brilliant.

Recently watched A Ghost Story and was really looking forward to it but it was just too out there for me. About 20 mins in there is a 5 minute unbroken shot where he watches his wife eat a cake from the corner of the room. It was just too self indulgent for me.

16 hours ago, Rodders said:

Manchester by the Sea - oof, what a powerful film, shame Casey Affleck is apparently quite weinstein or I'd be more happy about praising his performance in it. 

I might watch it tonight... looking forward to it.

Funny how Hollywood seems to hate Affleck, who has never been charged with anything, while they continue to fawn over Roman Polanski...

I agree - there are so many double standards, and hypocrisies. Maybe it's the time of the offence - like Polanski's crime has been bracketed in some "well that was the past" and the victim just doesn't want to dredge it all up, whilst Affleck's alleged victims are more present. I say alleged, but when you read up on it, it doesn't look good at all

7 hours ago, AVFCDAN said:

Thought Casey Affleck in MBTS was one of the best acting performances I’ve ever seen, absolutely brilliant.

Recently watched A Ghost Story and was really looking forward to it but it was just too out there for me. About 20 mins in there is a 5 minute unbroken shot where he watches his wife eat a cake from the corner of the room. It was just too self indulgent for me.

I got to that bit of A Ghost Story and turned it off. 

Â