The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Have to say Blade Runner 2049 is the biggest load of shit I have seen in the cinema and that includes Michael Bay movies. plot is terrible, dialogue is awful and the only thing that made it half-tolerable was Ryan Gosling and his chemistry with Ford***

also maybe just me but Jared Leto really is an awful actor and doesnt bring anything to movies

Spoiler

*** pity Ford didnt turn up until about 2 hours into the movie

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

Have to say Blade Runner 2049 is the biggest load of shit I have seen in the cinema and that includes Michael Bay movies. plot is terrible, dialogue is awful and the only thing that made it half-tolerable was Ryan Gosling and his chemistry with Ford***

also maybe just me but Jared Leto really is an awful actor and doesnt bring anything to movies

Hide contents

*** pity Ford didnt turn up until about 2 hours into the movie

Well, I couldn't disagree more - I thought it was absolutely brilliant. Obviously it was never going to have the impact that the original had in its day, but it recreated that 'world' to perfection. A worthy sequel, imo. 

And I believe there is going to be a Part Three. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

T2: Trainspotting 

I loved the original, one of the best British films of all time and one of my top 5 films of all time. I've watched it countless times and read the book multiple times (as well as most of Welsh's other work)

I was worried this would be shit but i need not have fretted. It was like catching up with some highly dysfunctional and psychotic friends from your teenage years. 

While not as explosive or unintentionally hilarious at the first, it was still very good. Plenty of nostalgia and flashbacks paying homage to the original. 

The scene in the club bathroom was fantastic!

8.5/10 - WB

T2_%E2%80%93_Trainspotting_poster.jpg

Bathroom scene:

Spoiler

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mottaloo said:

@Xela - Is T2 one of those films that you have to watch the first one or it doesn't make sense ?

You're prob guessing I haven't seen T1 and you'd be right :D

You do need to see the first one as there is a lot of references to it in T2. 

T2 is a direct sequel, set 20 years later and picks up from an incident at the end of the first movie

Watch them mate, you won't regret it! :)

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I watched the first 20 minutes of T1, and gave up. Not My Sort Of Thing at all. 

Its not really my cup tea either so I'm certainly not suggesting you give it another try, if its not your bag you're opinion probably won't alter a great deal. 

But the first half hour or so is way OTT with shock factor which nearly prompted me to turn it off. After that there is a bit of a story line that actually makes you feel for the characters. 

Enjoyed Blade Runner 2049. It isn't perfect but its a spectacular looking thoughtful sequel that doubles down on ideas of the first film and plays them with some unexpected subtlety.

It's better than the first in many fundamental ways IMO. I don't think it'll be seen as the classic the first is (despite improving on it) but it's certainly worth your time. 

It's far too long for the story it wants to tell, though I'd be lying if I said I wasn't engaged throughout, it's villain is weak and about the only bum note on the acting front, but it's a compete visual treat and will keep you thinking throughout.

• Like 1

I really like Cavill's Superman. It's a shame he's been given a lot of crap to work with.

Decent trailer though. I'm still convinced they've **** it up, and the fact they appear to be ditching the narrative this set up suggests they know it. But there's hints here it might be amongst the better stuff they've done. Hell, making Aquaman at all intriguing is a success in itself.

i think theres still going to be a load of stuff in it that grates me, the slow motion wonderwoman kick stand up sweep hair thing that was stolen from her film, aquaman surfing on the baddie through the building, the flash is going to have to be awesome due to me liking the tv show, the soundtrack which i hated in BvS, the inevitable ending, the shit big bad, i hope not a really shit last minute tacked on thing about the green lantern

i think its biggest problem is going up against thor which looks awesome

So the Dark Tower was a bit terrible.

Haven't read the books but from what I understand thy made a hash of it.

Watching the film it's hard to think they have 8 is it? books as source material and this is what they produce.

21 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

i think theres still going to be a load of stuff in it that grates me, the slow motion wonderwoman kick stand up sweep hair thing that was stolen from her film, aquaman surfing on the baddie through the building, the flash is going to have to be awesome due to me liking the tv show, the soundtrack which i hated in BvS, the inevitable ending, the shit big bad, i hope not a really shit last minute tacked on thing about the green lantern

i think its biggest problem is going up against thor which looks awesome

It can't fail to be a mess. They changed their franchise direction about 3 times whilst they were making it, including seemingly changing mid way through from it being a 2 parter to a standalone with a possible sequel to maybe no sequel at all, changed director at the last minute (particularly bad when said director is the guy behind the entire push, whatever you think of it, for the franchise) and did massive reshoots at the last minute. And some of the CGI is bizarrely bad - Steppenwolf looks **** dreadful. It's going to be a mess. 

They **** up throughout. Wrong choices everywhere. The villain is a completely dumb choice but was made when this was literally a prequel to the main event.

But there's hints there of something better. It says a lot they I think the best shots of that trailer are the quiet moments. The dream of Clark, the scene where Bruce is obviously trying to bring in Aquaman, they seem decent, the Clark stuff is genuinely good perhaps.

I'm just hoping it's got enough of that to push through the crap. There's good stuff in BvS, it's just drowned in nonsense. Hopefully this has less of that nonsense, or the good stuff speaks louder. They've got a good Superman, a good Wonder Woman (mostly), a surprisingly good Batman (if misdirected), hints at a bizarrely good Aquaman... Just put them in a good simple story.

If they do some of the things I think they maybe were going to do, they've managed to **** up beyond all recognition though.

Edited by Chindie

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

i did watch the mercedes featurette for it, its going to be right in your face, like worse than marvel and audi in your face...but bruce's merc...**** me its gorgeous 

This one?

Bildresultat för batman mercedes

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, sne said:

This one?

Bildresultat för batman mercedes

close enough

17C811_05_lr-source.jpg

that pic does however show what part of my problem with the DC films is, the flash who's a young kid getting in to a billionaires car, of course he has a take away pizza because he's young naive and doesnt get it, LMFAO!!!!! doesnt work

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

close enough

17C811_05_lr-source.jpg

that pic does however show what part of my problem with the DC films is, the flash who's a young kid getting in to a billionaires car, of course he has a take away pizza because he's young naive and doesnt get it, LMFAO!!!!! doesnt work

Affleck looks more like an Alfred than a Bruce Wayne/Batman in that pic.

Fancy car thou.

On 06/10/2017 at 21:04, leemond2008 said:

Geralds Game

Great film on Netflix...the scene with the hand....jeeeeeeessuuuuuusssssssssss

horrific isn't the word, cracking film I really enjoyed it

The scene with the hand was so hard to watch!

But to be honest overall I thought it was a pretty shit film.

Â