The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

16 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Yeah but the second half! Wow... Blew my mind. You stopped watching at exactly the wrong time. 

Maybe start again and watch it all the way through this time

And there are subtle clues all the way through so you've got to really concentrate.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Just watched The Departed for about the 10th time.

Now that's a good **** film.

Great film. So many strong performances but I think Wahlberg is my pick. Not in it a great deal but steals every scene. 

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Great film. So many strong performances but I think Wahlberg is my pick. Not in it a great deal but steals every scene. 

"Who the **** are you?!"

"I'm the guy who does his job. You must be the other guy!"

4 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Both The Departed and Infernal Affairs are excellent movies, but in different ways.

How many other movies are there where there are good non-English and English language versions? (This is not a rhetorical question, I'm interested in opinions here)

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

Also a rare example of the remake being the better film. The original is good. The remake is excellent.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Both The Departed and Infernal Affairs are excellent movies, but in different ways.

How many other movies are there where there are good non-English and English language versions? (This is not a rhetorical question, I'm interested in opinions here)

Trying to think what I've seen

let me in / let the right one in the remake is decent enough

secret in their eyes the remake was really disappointing

oldboy the remake was outright shit

trying to think why I prefer infernal affairs, probably because I'd seen the trilogy plenty of times before the remake, think the Hong Kong underworld interested me more too 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

The Ring

Funny Games

Seven samurai / magnificent seven 

10 hours ago, Chindie said:

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

Also a rare example of the remake being the better film. The original is good. The remake is excellent.

This times a million.

Gutted that it doesn't look like they'll continue the trilogy (well... the quintology now I guess, but I'm not counting the last two books)

I'd also vote for The Ring although people probably won't agree with me. Remake of that was excellent and beats the original version for me. The less said about the sequels the better.

14 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Vanilla Sky.

both versions starring Penelope Cruz.

Â