The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

The solo Batman movie by the guy behind the last couple of Planet of the Apes films is now apparently not part of the Justice League universe and will form part of a separate line without Affleck, apparently. Only a month ago Affleck was batting off rumors he was out of the film.

How are Warner Bros this bad at doing this? It now seems like either they're going to spin out unrelated sub-universes from Justice League (which is going to confuse the **** out of people, potentially you're going to have 2 cinematic Batmen going at the same time), or do flashback movies to get around problems they've made for themselves. They'd almost be better off binning the whole thing and starting again. But then Wonder Women printed money so they can't.

How hard can it be?

• Like 1

On 8/23/2017 at 21:19, HanoiVillan said:

and . . . Brenda Blethyn? 

She plays a paraplegic held at gunpoint. I kid you not. 

On 8/24/2017 at 07:29, AshVilla said:

Does that tamer hassan do any movies where danny dyer isn't in it

I hope this day never happens!! :D

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

Just starting the US DeathNote live action film on Netflix. I'm hoping against hope its any good.

It was a bit of a tween drama but passed an hour and a half i guess.

If you are a fan of the source you will probably hate it but if you have no idea and want to watch a film with an intriguing premise that ends up being entertaining enough for the most part but ends up trying to do too much in too little time and doesn't really explain anything then you might enjoy it

12 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

It was a bit of a tween drama but passed an hour and a half i guess.

If you are a fan of the source you will probably hate it but if you have no idea and want to watch a film with an intriguing premise that ends up being entertaining enough for the most part but ends up trying to do too much in too little time and doesn't really explain anything then you might enjoy it

Pretty much this. Didn't think it was awful but it wasn't fantastic either. Strangely thought it was ok though, good visual style and atmosphere, liked the soundtrack and the use of a bit of gore helped it too. I'd give it a 6/10 I think. Just needed another 20 mins or so to help flesh out the global rise of kira a bit I thought. 

Edited by Ingram85

Curiosity got the better of me, just finished it. 

Ryuk looked great. 

That's it. The best part of the original story was the cat and mouse game between between L and Light, coupled with Light's obsession. Having Mia play the bad guy was a terrible cop out and made Light's character seriously drab. 

20 minutes would not of helped. They should have made a 6 parter and stuck more closely to the events of the manga/anime, as it such a fantastic thriller, in the truest sense of the word. 

Heck, even just adapt the Japanese movie adaptations. They changed a lot, including giving it a completely different ending (much to the hatred of the majority of the fan base), but it still turned out well. Not including the third film. Let's not talk about that. 

On 28/08/2017 at 08:05, Xela said:

Ace Ventura: Pet Detective.

Brilliant. Carrey at his very best. 

tenor.gif

Only this morning was i travelling to work, turning into the island in Witton shouting "Chitttttyyyyyyyyyy" as I am continually the only driver to actually follow the lines on the road (which are a little extreme!).

Alongside Jurassic Park in films that absolutely define my childhood.  

I give 10/10, where 9.5/10 is the max you can get. 

I remember vividly seeing the posters for it on the walls when I was in cubs as a 7 year old, not knowing who Jim Carrey was and thinking "That mans god stupid hair" - it's that poster where it's "top down" and his legs are wide apart.  

Some div kid bought his **** scrambler in  and I was terrified of sitting on it :lol:  

• Like 2

The first Ace Ventura is indeed a classic, some of the lines are genius.

Some of my particular favorites are when he is introduced to the rich man at his party and gives him the spiel about suing wealthy homeowners with false food positioning accusations and then giving him the evils while sampling his food.

Also when he goes to visit Ray Finkels house, "I'm looking for Ray Finkel....and a clean pair of shorts".

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

The first Ace Ventura is indeed a classic, some of the lines are genius.

Some of my particular favorites are when he is introduced to the rich man at his party and gives him the spiel about suing wealthy homeowners with false food positioning accusations and then giving him the evils while sampling his food.

Also when he goes to visit Ray Finkels house, "I'm looking for Ray Finkel....and a clean pair of shorts".

"Perhaps I'll give you a call. Your number still 9-1-1? Alllllllrighty then!"

Â