The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

On 7/13/2017 at 11:41, BOF said:

For utter eye-stabbing long film boredom and me, see Schindler's List.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

It's D23 this weekend, more than likely some incredibles 2 footage will come out of it and well as maybe wreck it Ralph 2, plus maybe some toy story 4 details

there is also some infinity war details coming out tomorrow, there is a pic doing the rounds of a thanos statue giving away the look of him for the film but there are 4 more covered statues behind him which are revealed tomorrow, the fantastic 4 rumours have of course started but it doesn't look right to me, more likely going to be the look of some of the avengers

12 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

It's D23 this weekend, more than likely some incredibles 2 footage will come out of it and well as maybe wreck it Ralph 2, plus maybe some toy story 4 details

there is also some infinity war details coming out tomorrow, there is a pic doing the rounds of a thanos statue giving away the look of him for the film but there are 4 more covered statues behind him which are revealed tomorrow, the fantastic 4 rumours have of course started but it doesn't look right to me, more likely going to be the look of some of the avengers

If there are 4 status behind him, I've not seen the pics, I'd have some money on them being

Spoiler

a take on the Black Order

because (almost definite character spoilers for the film)

Spoiler

Corvus Glaive is exceptionally likely to be in it, since someone on set in full mocap was photographed holding his very very specific weapon. And they've had shots of actors in mocap in what appear to be pivotal scenes that aren't likely to be Thanos.

Also makes sense for the alleged plot direction.

Be surprised if they went completely comic accurate, but I'd almost be shocked if they, or a take on them, were not in it at this point.

Cool reveal though if so.

SDCC is next week of course and Marvel have a 90 minute show so they might well be having a bit of a blowout then too. New Thor trailer is supposedly excellent. Incidentally a toy has again spoiled a Marvel movie months in advance so beware Thor news coming from Funko related sources!

Avengers Infinity War footage shown at D23 apparently blew people away.

Footage included Thor meeting the Guardians of the Galaxy, Loki having the tesseract again, Thanos fighting the Avengers on an alien planet and using the Gauntlet to drag down a moon hit them, and Dr Strange fighting alongside the Guardians and Iron Man.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Avengers Infinity War footage shown at D23 apparently blew people away.

Footage included Thor meeting the Guardians of the Galaxy, Loki having the tesseract again, Thanos fighting the Avengers on an alien planet and using the Gauntlet to drag down a moon hit them, and Dr Strange fighting alongside the Guardians and Iron Man.

Nursing a semi

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Chindie said:

If there are 4 status behind him, I've not seen the pics, I'd have some money on them being

Reveal hidden contents

a take on the Black Order

because (almost definite character spoilers for the film)

Reveal hidden contents

Corvus Glaive is exceptionally likely to be in it, since someone on set in full mocap was photographed holding his very very specific weapon. And they've had shots of actors in mocap in what appear to be pivotal scenes that aren't likely to be Thanos.

Also makes sense for the alleged plot direction.

Be surprised if they went completely comic accurate, but I'd almost be shocked if they, or a take on them, were not in it at this point.

Cool reveal though if so.

SDCC is next week of course and Marvel have a 90 minute show so they might well be having a bit of a blowout then too. New Thor trailer is supposedly excellent. Incidentally a toy has again spoiled a Marvel movie months in advance so beware Thor news coming from Funko related sources!

Yep I was correct. Although they've changed them into

Spoiler

The Children of Thanos. Presumably making them adopted brothers and sisters of Gamora and Nebula. And they've ditched one of them and changed the name of another. Otherwise they're pretty bang on for the comics.

Nice reveal.

8 hours ago, Chindie said:

Disney confirms the much rumoured Alladin live action remake. Will Smith was rumoured to take the Genie role, which has been confirmed. Guy Ritchie to direct.

Oh my, that sounds like a dreadful pairing. 

I know they've been struggling to cast Aladdin after a worldwide search. (I play in the orchestra of the Broadway show so I have a passing interest)

Well, Assassins Creed was a load of po-faced rubbish. 

Shame as the parkour sections were good and the premise interesting but the whole film took itself far too seriously so it ended up drab and boring. 

The ending left it clearly hinting at a sequel but there's no way it should be made.

I watched The Mummy yesterday, Tom Cruise playing a Tom Cruise who should have been 25 years younger, I mean the dude is pushing 60 and he is playing this vaguely comedic thief who uses his charm and good looks to sleep with women 25 years younger than him.

The dialogue and exchanges between him and his former one night stand were cringe worthy, he goes on like a young kid after she pokes fun at his sexual prowess and the fact that he lasted 15 seconds.

Russel Crowe continues his fascination of playing an almost anonymous English actor who is there to just explain every little bit of plot for the audience.

after about an hour I just lost all interest and I ended up playing a game on my phone whilst only half watching, now the whole Dark Universe thing really interests me, I mean there are some cracking films to be rebooted but if this is anything to go off I think I'll stick to the originals.

Spider-Man homecoming.

Thought it was brilliant. The Actor of peter/sm is brilliant, he nails the excitable school kid trying to impress stark and a girl.

Keaton was also an excellent bad guy.

Whilst in there we had the trailer for Thor, looks ace and for Justice League meh

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, darrenm said:

Rewatching district 9. Forgot how good this is.

Just a shame the rest of blomkamps films have been a bit of a let down. 

District 9 showed a lot of promise that he's never got near equaling let alone exceeding. 

• Like 1

Close ups of what was under those sheets at the Marvel stand at D23

Spoiler

DE3RvXPUAAIVKLk.jpg

Corvus Glaive

DE3RvXPV0AAmPmb.jpg

Proxima Midnight

DE3RvXWUMAAezM4.jpg

Black Dwarf (possibly, annoyingly, renamed Cull Obsidian, which is the same name this entire group is sometimes called on the page..

DE3RvXRVoAAi_HA.jpg

Ebony Maw

Very comic accurate. Might suggest they're nicking ideas from the Infinity story from a couple of years back. Also struck how much they look like they belong in a Mass Effect movie somehow.

Good stuff.

• Like 1

@mjmooney

To carry on the discussion...

I understand the Bond thing and the reluctance to change him. But I'm wondering... How do you square Bond in 2017 with his origin being as a 1950s Navy officer? He can't be that anymore without doing period pieces. So you have to switch things. You can maintain the Navy officer background but an officer from the 90s will be different to the 50s... Etc.

To that end I am ok with changing Bond. I do like the idea he's a codename, it gives you flexibility while also canonising the other movies. You kinda cheat a universe. Eventually they will do a black Bond and there will be an uproar. But it'll be silly.

Also re reboots. How does that stand with Bond? Each new one is a reboot :). I'm fine with reboots provided they do something new. I'd rather not just see remakes or rehashes.

51 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Just a shame the rest of blomkamps films have been a bit of a let down. 

District 9 showed a lot of promise that he's never got near equaling let alone exceeding. 

Currently watching Elysium. Seems OK so far

I'd rather they just stopped making Bond movies. Of course it isn't going to happen, but really, what is there left to do at this point. And to be honest it all feels very facile in a world where kids get blown up going to pop concerts. 

• Like 1

Â