The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

7 minutes ago, PaulC said:

The circle, what a load of crap. Tom hanks has certainly done some bad movies lately and Emma Watson should stick to Harry Potter because she brings the term wooden to a whole new level. 

Tom Hanks has never done a bad film!

Probably.

So , Baby Driver , last night

10 minutes in and I thought meh , this is pants  , I'd read reviews so knew Wright tried to fit scenes into the music but the whole walking down the street like it was Saturday night fever I found irritating and was contemplating walking , something I've never done before ( though I've def contemplated it a few times , maybe I'm just too lazy to actual walk !!)  ...

Glad I didn't as the film went on to redeem itself and I ended up thoroughly enjoying it , I'll even forgive the dreadful bit near the end with Spacey and his I was in love once turn ....

I've seen better films this year , but this one still ends up in the thumbs up pile

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

You're probably right but I do like a bit Hanks.

I think his last good film was Bridge of Spies.

i thought bridge of spies was overrated, hanks and senior speilbergo going through the motions, inferno was shit, sully was a bit boring, incredibly loud and close or whatever it was called i turned off it was that bad, captain phillips was overrated (although the final scene where he's getting medical treatment was absolutely incredible from him) cloud atlas i enjoyed but it was a bit of a mess

id say in the last 10 years the best films he's done have been toy story 3, charlie wilsons war and saving mr banks

will give a shout out to parkland though which he was a producer on, very good film, set in the hospital in which JFK is taken to after being shot, kind of like bobby which is set in the hotel bobby kennedy is shot in

8 hours ago, villa4europe said:

i thought bridge of spies was overrated, hanks and senior speilbergo going through the motions, inferno was shit, sully was a bit boring, incredibly loud and close or whatever it was called i turned off it was that bad, captain phillips was overrated (although the final scene where he's getting medical treatment was absolutely incredible from him) cloud atlas i enjoyed but it was a bit of a mess

id say in the last 10 years the best films he's done have been toy story 3, charlie wilsons war and saving mr banks

will give a shout out to parkland though which he was a producer on, very good film, set in the hospital in which JFK is taken to after being shot, kind of like bobby which is set in the hotel bobby kennedy is shot in

I hated Captain Phillips I thought it was American bullshit. didn't realise he was one of the producers of Parkland. Mind you he has done his fair share of crap in the past like You've got Mail, Sleepless in seattle

27 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Two late geniuses of comedy

Indeed. Oh and Joan Severance too :wub:.

Stir Crazy next. Its made me want to watch Young Frankenstein again as well.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Indeed. Oh and Joan Severance too :wub:.

Stir Crazy next. Its made me want to watch Young Frankenstein again as well.

I loved See no Evil, Hear no Evil, but Stir Crazy is on another level. Brilliant film! 

Edited by wazzap24
  • Like 1

Forgive me VT, for I have sinned. I have watched a comic book movie before it has been given the @Chindie Seal of Approval™

Spiderman: Homecoming isn't bad at all though, so I'm not too ashamed. Preferred the second half to the first, which is unusual for one of these, the villain was decent, which is alzo somewhat against the grain. 

For anyone concerned by it being another Spiderman movie, I wouldn't worry too much. It's a different kind of Spiderman for a number of reasons, mostly good. 

One thing that certainly isn't different though is the humour. That still isn't for everyone and will probably split opinion. 

Â