The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

25 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Oh mate this looks garbage :crylaugh:

You have no idea. I saw it on a flight recently and it was so bad it was compelling.

Almost as bad as Fist Fight.

It was a long flight :(

1 hour ago, choffer said:

You have no idea. I saw it on a flight recently and it was so bad it was compelling.

Almost as bad as Fist Fight.

It was a long flight :(

You poor sod, wow just wow. How do they allow garbage like this to be made

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sne said:

Looks stunning, as it should.

Here's hoping the movie lives up to it.

Yeah I'm really looking forward to it but also pretty apprehensive considering what Scott has done with the Alien reboots.

• Like 1

Flicked on HBO when I got home from work...

Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie in By the Sea. Jesus wept, biggest pile of tosh I've ever seen. Even after a bath scene of nipples. Theres more acting skill in a bereft nik-nak.

2 hours ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

Flicked on HBO when I got home from work...

Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie in By the Sea. Jesus wept, biggest pile of tosh I've ever seen. Even after a bath scene of nipples. Theres more acting skill in a bereft nik-nak.

Despite being a mega a lister Angelina Jolie has actually very few good acting credits to her name and a lot of turkeys. Top of my head I'm thinking Girl Interupted and Hackers, wanted wasn't too bad either.

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

first dunkirk reviews are in, it sounds a bit good...

very thin on characters and script etc but incredibly intense 

reviewers have a hard on for Nolan that you cant really judge reviews of his movies. same with Edgar Wright

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

reviewers have a hard on for Nolan that you cant really judge reviews of his movies. same with Edgar Wright

it did sound to me like people who consider themselves film nerds and appreciate the visuals and apparently the incredible sound will love it whereas people who want to see guts and glory wont, none of the characters have fleshed out stories, theres hardly any dialogue

11 hours ago, AVFCDAN said:

Despite being a mega a lister Angelina Jolie has actually very few good acting credits to her name and a lot of turkeys.

She's the Anna Kournikova of the film world, and for similar reasons.

11 hours ago, AVFCDAN said:

Despite being a mega a lister Angelina Jolie has actually very few good acting credits to her name and a lot of turkeys. Top of my head I'm thinking Girl Interupted and Hackers, wanted wasn't too bad either.

I have a lot of admiration for Angelina Jolie, not least because of how brave she was in coming out and stating she had that faulty gene and she had a double mastectomy . I think she is not only beautiful like her mother but is a very good actress. Yes Girls Interupted,, Changeling, A mighty heart. also Unbroken was a very good film that she directed. 

Â