The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Mesrine: Killer Instinct....

fantastic film with a "killer" performance from Vincent Cassel.......

and he's married to Monica Belluci..lucky git

Enjoyed part one immensely. It did fast forward a little too much on occasion but when you consider how much of his story had to be fitted in I suppose it was acceptable. Nice cameo from Gerard De Pardieu too.

• 5 weeks later...

Lost in America is on TCM now. You might know Albert Brooks as the best voice actor on The Simpsons.

"Fine, let 'em go - you stay here, we'll go bowling!"

scorpio.jpg

Edit: Scratch that. Thumbs down on this one. Didn't enjoy

Have to say on a lighter note as regards material if not atmosphere....Dark Knight is on Sky at the moment with Heath Ledger's last performance before his demise....as the Joker..

Actually very good I thought....

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to recommend that no-one bothers to watch Bangkok Dangerous as it was quite possibly one of the worst films I have ever watched. Apart from Lord of War when was the last time Nicholas Cage actually made a half decent movie.

Also had the misfortune to watch the first half of "The Boat that Rocked" which I turned off as it was not funny in the slightest.

I would like to recommend that no-one bothers to watch Bangkok Dangerous as it was quite possibly one of the worst films I have ever watched. Apart from Lord of War when was the last time Nicholas Cage actually made a half decent movie.

Also had the misfortune to watch the first half of "The Boat that Rocked" which I turned off as it was not funny in the slightest.

Agree with Bangkok Dangerous and will not allow 'The Boat That Rocked' into the house, let alone anywhere near my DVD player!

If you want a trashy action flick, which is humerous due to the American paranoia and stereotyping - watch Taken with Liam Neeson! Most enjoyable!!!

nice one yillan, has a score of 55% on RT so could be decent (strangely cloudy with a chance of meatballs has 84%) anyone seen anything of surrogates? the gf loves bruce so that'll be my weekend movie no doubt

i watched persepolis on monday, mainly from loving waltz with bashir, different and very strange but if you get your head around the animation the story is good

waltz with bashir is immense.

This.

Recently saw both MESRINE films.

If you like gangster films and don't mind subtitles, check them out.

They won't be in cinemas much longer.

An immense acting performance from Vincent Cassel.

Useless info alert: They actually shot the whole thing in reverse order so that Cassell could lose the weight whilst filming. So at the very end, they filmed Mesrine at his youngest.

Â