The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Recently saw both MESRINE films.

If you like gangster films and don't mind subtitles, check them out.

They won't be in cinemas much longer.

An immense acting performance from Vincent Cassel.

Useless info alert: They actually shot the whole thing in reverse order so that Cassell could lose the weight whilst filming. So at the very end, they filmed Mesrine at his youngest.

Yep, my second (and third if you're being pedantic) favourite movies of the year behind Let the Right One In.

A masterclass from Cassel.

City of God - I'm sure most people will have watched by now but if not you are in for a treat

I still haven't watched this, I have been meaning to for ages. Gonna look into finding it cheap on DVD.

Anyone seen "The Taking of Pelham123" if so does it compare well to the original.
Haven't seen it, but I understand (from IMDB reviews) that is much more Politically Correct - no racist language, etc.

Another film that ABSOLUTELY DID NOT NEED REMAKING.

Anyone seen "The Taking of Pelham123" if so does it compare well to the original.
Haven't seen it, but I understand (from IMDB reviews) that is much more Politically Correct - no racist language, etc.

Another film that ABSOLUTELY DID NOT NEED REMAKING.

Yeah, wouldn't pay good money to see the re-make when there was nothing wrong with the original.

Walther Matthau was a class act in the original, what a way to end a movie.

Watched District 9..................very quirky and a bit bizarre. Could be a quite brilliant take on racisim or just a very strange weird little film.

Probably a 6 out of 10, (would have been 2 out of 10 if frigging Nicholas Cage had been the star)

even the fairly good cineworld in wolves has gone a bit shit for limited releases, adventureland has about 3 showings, fish tank none or broken embraces and i cant be arsed with brum

surrogates is getting decent reviews so pretty sure that'll be my pic for the weekend, might finally get round to watching little children too

Also had the misfortune to watch the first half of "The Boat that Rocked" which I turned off as it was not funny in the slightest.

I watched that the other night. You're right, it was absolute gash. Typical Curtis bullshit.

Finally got round to watching this after having it on the shelf for ages. Highly recommended so long as you're not the blockbuster action thriller type.

5111F2SWERL._SS500_.jpg

Excellent choice Sir. :thumb:

Particulary loved Tony Currans performance.

Â