The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Hidden or Cache(its french name) directed by Michael Haneke...

a slow burner with an ambiguous ending but i really enjoyed it.....

there's a shocking scene about half way through which completely floored me...just totally wasn't expecting it

i love films like that

El coraje del pueblo.

A documentary reenactment of the government-ordered massacre of striking tin miners and their families at the Siglo XX Mines in 1967 in Bolivia.

Sorry, that was a bit heavy. You know, you can't beat a bit of Danny Kaye to cheer you up. For instance:

Or perhaps Hans Christian Andersen (clip 1), http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXi3bjKowJU.

i bought mystic river friday night along with cold mountain and unforgiven (3 for a tenner at blockbusters)

also got i loved you so long - french film starring kristin scott thomas (who is amazing in it) highly recommended its very moving and clever how it all unfolds

Eagle Eye is good, watched that on plane...

Signs was on last night... I don't like watching films normally I've seen before... But for some peculiar reason...

I love that film... I'm a big fan of science fiction and it's just a great story.

Saw 'The Hangover" at the cinema on Sunday. Absolutely brilliant comedy with one of THE most hilarious end credit sequences in any film, ever!!!!

Looks quite good that!

Saw Gran Torino on a flight the other week. I thought it was a good film

I saw it on a flight too last week - unfortunately the plane landed with 25 minutes to go so I'm going to have to get it on DVD now.

My recommendation for this week would be The Baader Meinhof Complex. It dies off a bit in the last third but up until that point it's fantastic.

Yeh I definitely want to see the hangover soon, looks brilliant.

Watched the wrestler on blu ray last night. First time I'd seen it since seeing it at the cinema and it's just as good as I remember. Brilliant film.

Â