The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Safety Not Guaranteed.

What a cracking little film. Top notch script and brilliant acting performances. Would be a great one for watching with your, um, Sheila. A charming film if I can use that expression and still sound heroicly manly.

Just didnt do it for me....

Any one seen The impossible?

good effects and thats about it. unfortunately the good effects end after the first 20 minutes.the rest is just a bit tedious and boring in parts, even for a 90 minute film.

Watts grates and the eldest son is just an awful actor and overplays the part although McGregor is impressive

very melodramatic at times and no real suspense as you knew how the story would pan out and im not even sure it was a story worth making

should have been called "The Unlikely"

wait for the dvd

I thought Django was really good as well.

I do also think that it is about time that Tarantino moved away from the ''B movie'' theme, I mean yeah he is a great director and I know there are some people that are ridiculously huge fans of his but his films all seem to be going in the same sort of direction now

Kill Bill

Kill Bill 2

Grindhouse

Deathproof

Inglorious barsterds

Django unchained

I know that all directors have their own style but these one have all been shot in the same sort of ''comic book'' way, the dialogue is instantly Tarantino and everyone has the over the top CGI comic book gore with the typical Tarantino soundtrack

I would just like to see him try his hand at something a little bit new for his next film.

I know I will probably get absolutely slated for that opinion

Edited by leemond2008

I thought Django was really good as well.

I do also think that it is about time that Tarantino moved away from the ''B movie'' theme, I mean yeah he is a great director and I know there are some people that are ridiculously huge fans of his but his films all seem to be going in the same sort of direction now

Kill Bill

Kill Bill 2

Grindhouse

Deathproof

Inglorious barsterds

Django unchained

I know that all directors have their own style but these one have all been shot in the same sort of ''comic book'' way, the dialogue is instantly Tarantino and everyone has the over the top CGI comic book gore with the typical Tarantino soundtrack

I would just like to see him try his hand at something a little bit new for his next film.

I know I will probably get absolutely slated for that opinion

Not slating you but just to confirm, you want him to stop making films that you think are really good?

It's a bit like asking Hitchcock to stop making tense, dark, thrillers.

Grindhouse was a double feature, basically. It was Tarantino's Deathproof (which is absolutely shite) and Rodriguez's Planet Terror, which is also crap, and a load of spoof trailers, in the manner of a 70s low budget b-movie horror double header.

Deathproof is Tarantinos worst film, it's the worst of the faux b-movie stuff he does with no charm or excellent aspects like his other work is usually elevated by. Shite.

les miserables

it was ok, jackman is good, crowe cant sing, hathaway really can, my problem with it is one i expected from the start, the big songs are brilliant (i dreamed a dream is amazing) but the conversations that are sang are shite and just drag everything out, means it feels every one of its 158 minutes, found it a bit boring at times

wont win best film, and jackman wont beat DDL for actor, but i think hathaway has every chance for supporting actress

also saw a longer trailer for zero dark thirty, looks brilliant, im slowly being brought round to the idea that it wont be singing "america, **** yeah"

Grindhouse was a double feature, basically. It was Tarantino's Deathproof (which is absolutely shite) and Rodriguez's Planet Terror, which is also crap, and a load of spoof trailers, in the manner of a 70s low budget b-movie horror double header.

Deathproof is Tarantinos worst film, it's the worst of the faux b-movie stuff he does with no charm or excellent aspects like his other work is usually elevated by. Shite.

I thought Deathproof was ace! Absolutely loved it. Probably is his worst film though.

Planet Terror is also fantastic! But I believe that's a Rodriguez film but it's still awesome. I just love the whole style to it. Complete piss take but massively entertaining.

Â