not sure if posted in general chat or anywhere else, BAFTA nominations -

Best film - Argo, Les Miserables, Life of Pi, Lincoln, Zero Dark Thirty

British film - Anna Karenina, Marigold Hotel, Les Mis, 7 pschyopaths, Skyfall

Director - Amour, Argo, Django Unchained, Life of Pi, Zero Dark Thirty

Actor - Affleck, Cooper, DDL, Jackman, Phoenix

Actress - Riva, Mirren, Lawrence, Chastain, Cotillard

S Actor - Arkin, Waltz, Bardem, Hoffman, TLJ

S Actress - Adams, Hathaway, Hunt, Dench, Field

cant see this years the artist, think it'll be a proper mix come award season, hope argo does well but its hard to judge seeing as Les Mis, Lincoln and zero dark thirty arent out yet

golden globes arent too different just more films included because of the way they do drama and then musical meaning that les mis is competing with silver linings but not the likes of lincoln and argo, skyfall obviously doesnt get as many nominations

Oh Trog that is bad news. I read it was shelved but didn't realise production had started and Depp was cast. You really should read the book.

I enjoyed Shantaram and read it as an autobiography so I was annoyed to later find that an unknown amount of it is fiction. Undecided on the film, I think Nicolas Cage should be Linbaba. :)

I also just found out Johnny Depp's production company has the rights to Shantaram. I can not wait to see that made into a film but I'll tell you if Johnny casts himself as Lin then it'll probably be shit. When I was reading the book, I said it's a Russell Crowe part, then lo-and-behold I hear Russell is extremely interested in the role. I really hope Johnny sees the light and casts someone appropriate. And if it's not at least a 3 hour film it won't be anywhere near long enough.

One of my favourite books ever, absolutely brilliant story. But as you say, unless it's at least 3 hours there's no way to do it justice (even 3 hours would be too short really).

Edited by Designer1

Finally got round to Berberian tonight. FanBlimminTastic.

What was your take on the last 20 minutes or so? I have my own theory regarding the darkening tone of the letters etc.

What was your take on the last 20 minutes or so? I have my own theory regarding the darkening tone of the letters etc.

Descent into madness, reliving past experiences or the reveal that the whole thing was imagined? I don't really know. He'd clearly become consumed by his work to the extent that he had become part of it but whether that was true or in his imagination I don't know. Decided very early into the film that I wasn't going to try and analyse it too much. Just enjoyed he performance and the atmospherics but I know I'll never look at a watermelon in the same way.

Flight is a very very good film. Denzel as always is great, and man do I love Don Cheadle as an actor. Great actor.

I watched Flight as Denzel normally does make to much crap and for 2/3rds of the film you are pretty much on his side but by the end I pretty much thought he deserves all he is going to get.

Watched "The Impossible" last night, very good effects but didnt really care too much about the characters for some reason.

Saw Jack Reacher last night

Thought it was a better film over all than Skyfall

Trailer for " I give it a year " was worryingly enjoyable ..could be one of those films where the clip has already shown all the funny bits though

Looking forward to zero Dark thirty

Â