The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

For some reason, when I went online with the beeb to watch football focus on Saturday, they showed One Flew over the cuckoo's nest instead. I must admit i'd forgotten how good it is. Brad Dourif is excellent.

Brilliant film, Jack Nicholson and Louise Fletcher give two of the best performances you'll ever see.

Saw Planet of the Apes, thought it was utterly brilliant from start to finish. The only thing missing was Tim Burton sitting in the seat beside me, I would have very much enjoyed punching him in the face every five minutes for the utter tripe he unleashed upon us a couple of years back.

Same here very good film despite a few plot holes. Some nice homage's to the original.

And see what happens to Draco Malfoy when you leave school early without any qualifications. There s a lesson to be learned here for all of us.

SPOILER questions about the ending: (highlight to view)

1) Is he now in an alternate universe? I think he is, which means the original universe where the bomb went of still exists.

2) Is the original Colter still in the box? He must be if the original universe still exists.

3) What happened to the guy who was in the body that Colter took over?

He is vanished into thin air?

If you like the fact this film left you with those questions, you would love Primer if you havent seen it already

I went to see an advance screening of 'Cowboys and Aliens' last night. It was one of the worst films I have seen in a long time and I'm glad I got to see it for free. I was tempted to walk out as it was so bad. Usually even bad films have at least one good scene going for them, or something. This film had nothing and was flat all the way through. Very poor film and it pretty much shows that Favreau really has no talent as a director...

I went to see an advance screening of 'Cowboys and Aliens' last night. It was one of the worst films I have seen in a long time and I'm glad I got to see it for free. I was tempted to walk out as it was so bad. Usually even bad films have at least one good scene going for them, or something. This film had nothing and was flat all the way through. Very poor film and it pretty much shows that Favreau really has no talent as a director...

Hmmm, I had a feeling it was going to be poor, think I'll give that a miss then.

As for Favreau, apart from a couple of movies (Iron Man and the superb Swingers) he's a bit average isn't he?

Its one of those films you know is gonna stink simply from the name!

Its one of those films you know is gonna stink simply from the name!

It could have been great. I knew it would go.

Â