The Spanish Football/la Liga Thread

Troglodyte

One thing I've never understood...why do people blame the ref when there's a bad offside call?

Yes the Ref can overrule the decision but 99% of the time he will trust the linesman as obviously he has a far better view of things.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

One thing I've never understood...why do people blame the ref when there's a bad offside call?

Yes the Ref can overrule the decision but 99% of the time he will trust the linesman as obviously he has a far better view of things.

I've never understood complaining to the 4th official. What good is that going to do? Can they do anything?

Strange season in La Liga this.

Real hasn't really looked good all season, Zidane just feel like an interim manager.

Barca have big trouble in midfield and Enrique who has just announced he'll quit after the season has been getting even more stick by the fans than Zidane.

Both are former greats, in house appointments who are new at managing.

Atletico isn't getting even close to the rewards they've been getting previous seasons for their play and I wonder if Simeone might be off to Inter if Griezmann is sold and he'll have to rebuild again in the summer.

That leaves Sevilla who lost their manager and best player to PSG in the summer but is still keeping up with the big boys despite playing in the CL.

Almost starting to feel like last season in the PL with Leicester, but as always it will probably end with Barca as champions.

10 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Barca need to make major signings all over the pitch, central midfielders, a centre half to play with Pique and a right back are badly needed.

nothing coming through either, barca B has gone to shit, they have munir and samper out on loan, they probably have buy back clauses on the likes of grimaldo and halilovic but id guess they wont be using them on traore, deulofeu, tello

they might not have one because i think arsenal got him through tribunal but im surprised they havent gone in for bellerin, a proper RB might push roberto back in to midfield, they would have him, rafinha, andre gomes and denis suarez in there with rakitic...its just not the level they've had previously is it? verratti would be the obvious one for me, also linked with bernado silva

CB they bought umtiti last summer, need another youngster

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

Enrique isnt really new at management. He has managed at a high level now for 6 years

he just isnt very good at it

Well he has won the treble one season and another La liga title last season and I think they will win it again now. That's all they have to bother about.

Ronaldo has lost his pace but he is still lethal where it matters.

I hope Sevilla win the title but Leicester knock them out of the champions league.

Villareal are back now Soldado and Bakambu are back in partnership. Missed them two big this season. Other players have come in but are not that good.

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Barca need to make major signings all over the pitch, central midfielders, a centre half to play with Pique and a right back are badly needed.

I beginning to realise that the most important player they have other than Messi, Suarez and Neymar is Mascherano. They have missed him so badly. He reads the danger so well and covers for the deficiencies in midfield

• Like 1

5 hours ago, villa89 said:

Some comeback by Real last night. Even at 3-1 down with ten men they were still able to get a 3-3 draw. Shows the imbalance in that league between the haves and the have nots.

Especially the refs, the decision to give hand ball for the penalty for Real's second was ridiculous.  Enrique never really looked comfortable with the the pressure at Barca, it's a bit of a miracle that he's won as much as he has there.  It will be interesting to see which way they go.

Can't believe how poor Atletico Madrid are at the back this year....individual errors all over the pitch. Oblak from a goal kick passed straight to a Depor player for 1-0.

Certainly feels like a good time for Simeone to get out now.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

they still have the 3rd best defence in the league 

Have you seen some of their goals they've let in since the turn of the year....2nd choice keeper Moya thrown a couple in and even Oblak back tonight just kicked it straight at the striker.

Looks like Champions league or bust for them this season.

16 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Certainly feels like a good time for Simeone to get out now.

Would be very surprised if he doesn't coach the first season at the new stadium.

Plus the talk he wants the Inter job. His Atleti contract runs out 2018, Pioli's Inter contract runs out 2018. Makes sense.

Inter will make another coaching change before summer 2018 I'd imagine.

Atletico are quite a way off top 3 now and to me they're slitting back into the group with Villareal, Bilbao and Sociedad.

He's done an unbelievable job there but there's only so many times you can replace a key player as Greizmann is pretty much already gone and other key players like Godin, Felipe Luis and Torres are all in their 30s now.

Would he stay if they just play Europa league football, I'm not sure.

No disrespect to inter but wouldn't it be a backwards step to manage an Italian club. What about the Barcelona job? or is he too negative for their style and maybe Sampaoli more suited for that job. What about the Premier League and the Arsenal job?

Edited by PaulC

Â