The Spanish Football/la Liga Thread

Troglodyte

22 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

I'm not going to get in to a debate over that game, but the Motta red card was a criminal decision and justice was done.

The winning goal was very good but it has to be said, the defending and goalkeeping over these two legs were something to be ashamed of. So many goals and there really should've been more. That PSG keeper looks absolutely awful.

Yes could have been 30 goals in the two games. I don't care about bad defending. I just like seeing games with goals.

13 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Camp Nou is amazing though.

One of those sporting arenas that just take your breath away when you walk into it for the first time.

Agreed.

The same feeling I got the first time I walked up to the San Siro.

I just don't get the same feeling when going to new stadiums, amazing as they might be, they lack history. And you somehow feel the magic in old stadiums like Camp Nou.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Seriously?

Different opinions keeps things interesting for sure but I found visiting the stadium overwhelmingly amazing.

Sure, the stadium itself may be fairly basic in structure but it's breathtakingly large and to have a view across the city rooftops one side and the mountains on the other, with the sun setting, man, it was easily the greatest 90 minutes I've ever experienced in a football stadium.

Aside from when Villa beat Wimbledon 1-0 many moons ago and I'd taken my great-grandfather to VP for his first visit in about 30 years!! :)

i wouldnt know, i sat towards the back of the lower section, there was a soffit above say the last 10-15 seats so you wouldnt be able to see the rest of the stadium, the atmosphere was awful, there was probably 30 odd japanese school kids in front of me, the bloke to my right spent an hour of the game smoking a huge cigar, people everywhere eating seeds and dropping them on the floor, my seat was dirty, the concourse was just old and tired

loved the tour, loved the walk around the stadium but my overall match experience wasnt a very good one

3 hours ago, sne said:

Agreed.

The same feeling I got the first time I walked up to the San Siro.

I just don't get the same feeling when going to new stadiums, amazing as they might be, they lack history. And you somehow feel the magic in old stadiums like Camp Nou.

Walking up the stairs at the San Siro is also an experience!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

i wouldnt know, i sat towards the back of the lower section, there was a soffit above say the last 10-15 seats so you wouldnt be able to see the rest of the stadium, the atmosphere was awful, there was probably 30 odd japanese school kids in front of me, the bloke to my right spent an hour of the game smoking a huge cigar, people everywhere eating seeds and dropping them on the floor, my seat was dirty, the concourse was just old and tired

loved the tour, loved the walk around the stadium but my overall match experience wasnt a very good one

If you get a chance to go back before they renovate then do it, and request to be up in the gods.

Yes, you don't see the game as well but the overall experience is amazing honestly, if you can time it so that the sun sets whilst the match is underway too even better, I managed to get some pics on my phone that look as though they've been photoshopped they're so spectacular.

5 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Sergio Ramos is gold. Not sure why he has practically a free header six yards out from a corner though. 

Last 10 mins next goalscorer Sergio Ramos. Always worth a punt. Goal number 10 this season

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

Ref did what he could to help Real win though

To be fair, Ronaldo was fouled 1-on-1. Don't remember if it was in the area, but red card minimum. Then Ronaldo had a goal disallowed when he wasn't offside. 

So that's a red card and a goal, plus potentially a penalty but I can't remember, that Madrid were denied. 

12 hours ago, Zatman said:

after this week I am sure Barcelona cant complain about a referee decision ;)

No but they would still have had an extra two points but for the goal that was 3 yards over the line that wasn't given, but you make your own luck and Barcelona have only themselves to blame if they don't win La Liga. Dropped too many points against lower teams.

10 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

To be fair, Ronaldo was fouled 1-on-1. Don't remember if it was in the area, but red card minimum. Then Ronaldo had a goal disallowed when he wasn't offside. 

So that's a red card and a goal, plus potentially a penalty but I can't remember, that Madrid were denied. 

I thought it was the defender got the ball. It looked that way.

6 hours ago, PaulC said:

I thought it was the defender got the ball. It looked that way.

It was still a foul, you can't just make a tiny touch on a  all and take someone out. Otherwise Navas shouldn't have been sent off, because he got his head to the ball before fouling. Both were reds IMO

Â