The Spanish Football/la Liga Thread

Troglodyte

Ridiculous penalty to give. How on earth could that have benefitted his team? The ball was moving away from goal having been cleared by his own teammate. Appalling decision.

Edit - when I say "benefitted his team" I mean in terms of it being an intentional handball.

Edited by Lichfield Dean

39 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Never a fecking penalty that....his own teammate has hit it at him ffs.

That for me is why Spanish refs are worse than in England...a PL ref would never have called that.

Yeah, their refs are massive bottlers.

As always it is hysterically fun to read the Barcelona forums in Sweden when things don't go their way.

They are rightly complaining that Real got a soft penalty claiming the league is fixed, all the while totally ignoring that they themselves got a soft penalty in the 90th minute at home last week against Leganes :crylaugh:And it's the same every week for both of those clubs.

I don't care much for Real, but Barca fans (in Sweden at least) is the most hypocritical bunch of rocket polishers in all of football.

• Like 1

To be honest it's not only the big clubs that get the decisions.

I saw an identical incident earlier this season when Celta played Deportivo. That seemed a strange decision at the time, handball too.

The referees just aren't good enough, this is one league that needs all the help it can get via technology.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, dudevillaisnice said:

To be honest it's not only the big clubs that get the decisions.

I saw an identical incident earlier this season when Celta played Deportivo. That seemed a strange decision at the time, handball too.

The referees just aren't good enough, this is one league that needs all the help it can get via technology.

They do seem to get more penalties but Barcelona had a game recently where the ball was about 5 yards over the goal line yet wasn't given. That decision could yet decide the title. as they would have gained another 2 pts.

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

absolute stupid from Bale

can imagine the Bernabeu boo boys be back if this costs them in title race

I missed that but Las Palmas were the better team first half. Anyway its makes it more interesting

Benzema couldn't hit a barn door

Edited by PaulC

52 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Are you watching Las Palmas Chris?

Yeah saw most of the second half. Typical Madrid come back despite playing garbage again. Ronaldo's all round game is declining imo but such a clutch player at the big moments.

Ref actually got most stuff correct...Bale can have no excuses and both were penalties.

He got some of the offside calls completely wrong. Ronaldo was ruled offside but was onside on one which ended up with Morata scoring but was ruled out.

I've said it before but this league needs all the help it can get via technology. It's not just the "big teams" that suffer.

Â