The Spanish Football/la Liga Thread

Troglodyte

they had absolutely nothing in attack and got the ball and passed square around the box with no ideas at all. shocking

and whoever put Nzonzi on penalties should have a word with themself

Gameplan seemed to be give it to Nasri, Nasri did a 360 turn with no real intention of taking on players and went for the easy square ball. No real pace, lack of ideas.

Leganes and Alaves have got draws, Athletic have also beaten them in recent weeks haven't won in three games and it's easy to understand why.

I could be wrong but think this poor form had started since Enrique stated he was leaving Barcelona.

41 minutes ago, Zatman said:

they had absolutely nothing in attack and got the ball and passed square around the box with no ideas at all. shocking

and whoever put Nzonzi on penalties should have a word with themself

Half their team has missed pens this season, Nasri and Vitolo few weeks back and whoever did in the first leg. Keeper will be on them next week.

I remember the Nasri one it was so bad. No Sevilla have been playing some great stuff all season and Nasri has been an integral part of that but there has been signs in recent games they have either run out of steam or lost their form. Even nzonzi is nowhere near the level he was and what has happened to Vietto. his career has gone down the pan since leaving Villareal. Maybe they will take him back next year.

First time for everything but let's have an Osasuna post.....

Are they going to finish up on less points than we did? Lost 2-0 to Betis and have just 11 points from 28 games....still got Atletico Madrid, Barca and Sevilla to play away.

Must admit I thought it would be ages before a team in a major European league finished with fewer points than we did.

Easily. They are absolutely terrible at the back. The first Betis goal was laughable, just before the goal they almost scored an comical own goal. They have only won once all season. Written off weeks ago. In other news, Marcos Llorente seems to be doing very well at Alaves he had some incredible stats today against Real Sociedad, he is back at Real Madrid next season so will be interesting to see how he does. I think he will do very well in that midfield.

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

First time for everything but let's have an Osasuna post.....

Are they going to finish up on less points than we did? Lost 2-0 to Betis and have just 11 points from 28 games....still got Atletico Madrid, Barca and Sevilla to play away.

Must admit I thought it would be ages before a team in a major European league finished with fewer points than we did.

They actually have some handy players going forward but are awful at the back, and Sirigu hasn't been great since arriving in goal. Wouldn't mind Villa having a pop at signing Sergio Leon and Alex Berenguer in the summer, mind!

6 hours ago, VillaChris said:

They're on a miniscule budget to us...I just find it amusing within a year there's a side in Europe who's likely to outdo our ineptness.

Though last season we did make a transfer profit, I think. Which is madness in a league with as much money as the Premier League really. 

4 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

Though last season we did make a transfer profit, I think. Which is madness in a league with as much money as the Premier League really. 

Our wage bill last season compared to Osasuna in La Liga.....

It was always going to be a tough game emotionally for them after the Leicester defeat. I hope they can cling on to 3rd spot though. Still got to go to Barcelona and Real Madrid so suspect they wont.

Shocked to see Valencia got the red card and penalty Barcelona needed to take the lead against them :puke:

Should add I haven't seen the situation yet, but it doesn't really matter. It happens every week.

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Shocked to see Valencia got the red card and penalty Barcelona needed to take the lead against them :puke:

Should add I haven't seen the situation yet, but it doesn't really matter. It happens every week.

Well he did have hold of Suarez's shirt but Suarez made the most of it and he had been already been booked but he was given a straight red. 100% pen though. he didn't even argue it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

Neymar terrific again tonight. Barca might be top now if he hadn't flown out to his sister's birthday last weekend!

Yes his finishing was a bit off though, but that run to set up Gomez at the end was good.

Â