The Spanish Football/la Liga Thread

Troglodyte

On 02/03/2017 at 07:33, Zatman said:

Enrique isnt really new at management. He has managed at a high level now for 6 years

he just isnt very good at it

He's doing a pretty decent job at Barca for a not very good manager. 

6 minutes ago, bobzy said:

He got lucky tonight that he got to face the biggest bottler in football tonight in Emery ;)

2 hours ago, bobzy said:

To be fair, Tito got 100 points at Barca. His only previous managerial experience was 1 season getting relegated in the lower leagues. Assuming you're not Jurgen Klinsmann, it's hard to fail  at Barca or Bayern.

@Zatman Why is Emery the biggest bottler in football? Seemed to do very well at Sevilla.

13 hours ago, Zatman said:

He got lucky tonight that he got to face the biggest bottler in football tonight in Emery ;)

Hasn't he also done the domestic double in both the past 2 seasons?  Perhaps football just bottles it against him.  Perhaps it's because it's not his team.  Perhaps there's always a reason ;)

Edited by bobzy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, kurtsimonw said:

Just seen the highlights. Great comeback, but a bit like Istanbul, the ref played a massive part. But I'm not sure anyone is surprised. 

The ref played a part, just as the ref did when Barca got knocked out by Mourinho's Inter, however the decisive goal, in the 95th minute, is all about a great pass and run.

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

The ref played a part, just as the ref did when Barca got knocked out by Mourinho's Inter, however the decisive goal, in the 95th minute, is all about a great pass and run.

I'm not going to get in to a debate over that game, but the Motta red card was a criminal decision and justice was done.

The winning goal was very good but it has to be said, the defending and goalkeeping over these two legs were something to be ashamed of. So many goals and there really should've been more. That PSG keeper looks absolutely awful.

Barcelona are a horrible football club who like to pretend they play a beautiful game and anybody trying to defend against them are ruining the spirit of the game. Yet they have scum like Suarez, Busquets, Alba jumping around the pitch like they are Tom Daley, not to mention their collection of tax cheats

Real Madrid arent any better BUT they dont try to pretend they are something they are not which i can at least respect

• Like 1

Disagree, I thought it was old, tired, dirty and full of tourists (I understand that irony)

much like old Trafford I thought it's wow factor lay in the fact that it was **** huge rather than being a great stadium (I'd probably throw Wembley in to that mix too) 

i do know some people that have been in to some posh bits of it that looked incredible but that wasn't what I experienced 

I understand where you're coming from on all points....area I was in had pretty much all English voices around and was the same in the concourse at half time.

Yeah I didn't mean it was an ultra modern stadium like the Emirates or Wembley but just the sheer scale of it took my breath away. Been to the New Wembley and the Bernabeu but the Camp Nou was something else.

Would imagine the San Siro would probably be similar.

I don't think wherever I go that the San Siro will be topped though. Most of the big stadia in Spain/South America are just all incredibly samey looking, a bit like all the bowl stadia here. Very few places with any kind of character these days, it seems.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Disagree, I thought it was old, tired, dirty and full of tourists (I understand that irony)

much like old Trafford I thought it's wow factor lay in the fact that it was **** huge rather than being a great stadium (I'd probably throw Wembley in to that mix too) 

i do know some people that have been in to some posh bits of it that looked incredible but that wasn't what I experienced 

Seriously?

Different opinions keeps things interesting for sure but I found visiting the stadium overwhelmingly amazing.

Sure, the stadium itself may be fairly basic in structure but it's breathtakingly large and to have a view across the city rooftops one side and the mountains on the other, with the sun setting, man, it was easily the greatest 90 minutes I've ever experienced in a football stadium.

Aside from when Villa beat Wimbledon 1-0 many moons ago and I'd taken my great-grandfather to VP for his first visit in about 30 years!! :)

Â